Windows 10: Redeploy Image File macrium

Discus and support Redeploy Image File macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop. wanted to move the image from old to it . size of the image is 258gig. Did the restore fine. Ran Redeploy fine. When running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shipinomore10, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Redeploy Image File macrium

I bought a new laptop. wanted to move the image from old to it . size of the image is 258gig.
    Did the restore fine. Ran Redeploy fine.
    When running Fix Windows Boot Problems the screen that shows Boot Code Options has four choices. Three are grayed out and you cannot select. I unchecked a box on a drive in an earlier screen and then I was able to check all four boxes relating to writing the MBR.
    that's where I got into trouble as it wrote the drive letter G:/ and then it would not of course boot and it kept taking me back to the rescueCD.
    Right now I have left the laptop with the rescueCD in it as it will not close out the program until it can successfully boot.
    I think I have to do the fix boot problems again but not sure where I change C:/WINDOWS so that it updates the MBR.
    Shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Apr 7, 2016
  2. BruceTR Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

Windows 10 on PC.

I plan to use Macrium Reflect Free to create a System Image on a USB stick (not a removable USB drive). Macrium will create the Image as a .mcimg file. The file will be approximately 74 GB. In the future, when
    I want to restore to the System Image, I plan to use Macrium to perform the restore. Because Macrium will be used for the restore, the USB stick does not have to be bootable.

Given this scenario, what format should be used for the USB stick? FAT32, or NTFS, or some other format?

Thanks

BruceTR, Apr 7, 2016
  3. unable to open files from system image backup, Windows 10.

Thank you Andre. I downloaded Macrium Reflect. I still couldn't manage to open the image I had initially created, but I had Macrium make an image of the image (!) and then was able to get files out of that. I'm guessing there was a more direct way,
    but whatever, it worked, so thanks for the tip!!

MisterEmanmd, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

Redeploy Image File macrium

1. Redeploy Image File macrium - Similar Threads - Redeploy Image File

2. Macrium Restore Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  3. delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image

delete old Macrium FREE image files & install new image: I installed Macrium Reflect free version on a USB stick last year. Now I would like to totally "empty" that stick and install the current data/info onto a "new" Macrium Reflect free version again (in the same, now emptied stick). I am aware of this: Backup and Restore with...
  4. Macrium image mystery

Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906
  5. Macrium Reflect image will not delete?

Macrium Reflect image will not delete?: I've been using the free version for a few years. I downloaded the paid home version's 30 day trial. Before running my daily, scheduled backup to an external drive, I ran a test image to a flash drive (T:\Macrium TEST Onedrive\BE1C13BDDEE1C020-00-00.mrbak). I tried to delete...
  6. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  7. Booting Macrium usb image

Booting Macrium usb image: We are discussing how to boot from a usb image made with Macrium Reflect in this thread: http://www.eightforums.com/general-s...ash-drive.html I just thought I would mention it here. It contains good info about Macrium. Delete this if it is not wanted. I don't want...
  8. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  9. Macrium Reflect does not find image file

Macrium Reflect does not find image file: Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D. Went to D and the image is there. Next I booted...
  10. Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files

Macrium Reflect v.7 - Delete old Image Files: Hello All, I just found deleting old image files is not allowed. Recent Update: Macrium Reflect v7.1.2614, 09/29/17 - [img] - Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated! Note: I tried to sign up with Macrium v7 Forums and learned I apparently am not intelligent...