Windows 10: Redeploy Image File macrium

Discus and support Redeploy Image File macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop. wanted to move the image from old to it . size of the image is 258gig. Did the restore fine. Ran Redeploy fine. When running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shipinomore10, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Redeploy Image File macrium

I bought a new laptop. wanted to move the image from old to it . size of the image is 258gig.
    Did the restore fine. Ran Redeploy fine.
    When running Fix Windows Boot Problems the screen that shows Boot Code Options has four choices. Three are grayed out and you cannot select. I unchecked a box on a drive in an earlier screen and then I was able to check all four boxes relating to writing the MBR.
    that's where I got into trouble as it wrote the drive letter G:/ and then it would not of course boot and it kept taking me back to the rescueCD.
    Right now I have left the laptop with the rescueCD in it as it will not close out the program until it can successfully boot.
    I think I have to do the fix boot problems again but not sure where I change C:/WINDOWS so that it updates the MBR.
    Shipinomore

:)

shipinomore10, Apr 7, 2016
  2. BruceTR Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

Windows 10 on PC.

I plan to use Macrium Reflect Free to create a System Image on a USB stick (not a removable USB drive). Macrium will create the Image as a .mcimg file. The file will be approximately 74 GB. In the future, when
    I want to restore to the System Image, I plan to use Macrium to perform the restore. Because Macrium will be used for the restore, the USB stick does not have to be bootable.

Given this scenario, what format should be used for the USB stick? FAT32, or NTFS, or some other format?

Thanks

BruceTR, Apr 7, 2016
  3. unable to open files from system image backup, Windows 10.

Thank you Andre. I downloaded Macrium Reflect. I still couldn't manage to open the image I had initially created, but I had Macrium make an image of the image (!) and then was able to get files out of that. I'm guessing there was a more direct way,
    but whatever, it worked, so thanks for the tip!!

MisterEmanmd, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

Redeploy Image File macrium

1. Redeploy Image File macrium - Similar Threads - Redeploy Image File

2. Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Redeployment not able to boot windows on different hardware: I have Win 7 64 bit on 8 years old AMD. I am redeploying it on i3 4 th gen Asus Motherboard H81 . Everything goes smooth. Redeployment says that it has found driver for SATA AHCI and it will load when Window will boot. But Windows not booting on i3. The Black Screen comes...
  3. Dismounting Macrium Images

Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  4. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  5. Want to create Macrium Reflect rescue USB with Redeploy option

Want to create Macrium Reflect rescue USB with Redeploy option: Hi This must be so obvious, but its eluded me and my internet searches for several days now. Want to creat a rescue USB with the Redeploy option available, cant see a specific option during rescue disk creation to give this.....what am I missing, even the MR knowledgebase...
  6. Rename Macrium Image File?

Rename Macrium Image File?: I was recently trying out Macrium Free 7.2 and a couple of questions came up. I created a disk image and left the settings at defaults. There was the part of the process where you direct the file to the destination folder, and this is where there was a warning to NOT change...
  7. Macrium image mystery

Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906
  8. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. Macrium Reflect does not find image file

Macrium Reflect does not find image file: Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D. Went to D and the image is there. Next I booted...