Windows 10: Redid Win, installed Google B'n'S, how to connect to existing backup

Discus and support Redid Win, installed Google B'n'S, how to connect to existing backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I re-installed Windows and then I re-installed Google's Backup & Sync. I noticed that there seems to be no obvious way to connect to my existing "My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by purplenate26, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Redid Win, installed Google B'n'S, how to connect to existing backup

I re-installed Windows and then I re-installed Google's Backup & Sync. I noticed that there seems to be no obvious way to connect to my existing "My Laptop" in the computers tab in Google Drive. B'n'S seems to want to create a new folder called "My Laptop 1". Is there any way to tell B'n'S that I want to restore my data back to my restored laptop. Seems kinda pointless to have a cloud backup solution that doesn't do a proper restore and one where you simply accumulate duplicate data by creating duplicates in the computers tab of Google Drive. That seems crazy, so I'm assuming I'm just the one who simply doesn't know how to do it. So I'm lacking in knowledge quite a bit about B'n'S, I could use help in restoring my data from Google Backup & Sync.

My folder structure is like this:
    Google Drive > Computers > My Laptop > All my PC's folders.

I have an older backup on a local network drive and I have everything backed up on DropBox too. But if Google's Backup & Sync can be made to work, that would give me the most up to date data and it would be the simplest way.

I'm open to any suggestions at this point. Third party clients, etc.

:)

purplenate26, Nov 20, 2018

2. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Win-10 - Any MS or Win application will not recognize my existing Internet connection.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows apps in connecting to internet, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you have logged-in with an administrator account?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Press Windows key, type Date and Time and select it.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Step 3: I suggest you to disable proxy and check if it helps.

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Also refer to: Why can't I get online? and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to helps you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Redid Win, installed Google B'n'S, how to connect to existing backup

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Redid Win, installed Google B'n'S, how to connect to existing backup

1. Redid Win, installed Google B'n'S, how to connect to existing backup - Similar Threads - Redid installed Google

2. Windows Backup 7 in Win 11 does incremental backups and also error on non-existent folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup 7 in Win 11 does incremental backups and also error on non-existent folders: I did a backup with win 7 and it saved 1. settings and files, 2. created a system image.Does the next backup produce an incremental file backup for #1, or also for #2?Also I got this error,"Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Alex...
  3. Windows Backup 7 in Win 11 does incremental backups and also error on non-existent folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup 7 in Win 11 does incremental backups and also error on non-existent folders: I did a backup with win 7 and it saved 1. settings and files, 2. created a system image.Does the next backup produce an incremental file backup for #1, or also for #2?Also I got this error,"Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Alex...
  4. Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10: HelloI did something stupid and installed a Windows 7 registry backup to windows 10 and now I can't access anything, command prompt, registry etc. I was messing around with the registry previously to stop antimalware service from running as it was slowing down my system, I...
  5. Does this backup software exist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does this backup software exist?: I'm looking for a backup software for Win10 that can backup specifically selected folders that I select instead of backing up the whole drive, and only back up the files if they have changed or updated so it doesn't take a long time rewriting every file that hasn't been...
  6. How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to backup files on a network connected drive - Win 10: Recently my system crashed after successful installation of 2004 update. It won't boot at all. Tried One Key Recovery Lenovo, but it was of not much use. After trying all the options, had to reinstall Win 8, then update it to Win 10. Luckily, most of my important data is on...
  7. How to connect to an existing wifi network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect to an existing wifi network?: I'm trying to get a computer to connect to an existing private wifi network. In Network & Sharing Center I click on "Set up a new connection or network", then "Manually connect to a wireless network", then enter the network name, security type (WPA2-Personal), and password....
  8. How do I connect to an existing homegroup?

How do I connect to an existing homegroup?: Moved from Windows 7 to a new Windows 10 laptop, but can't work out how to connect to our homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-an-existing-homegroup/95abee85-b3be-46d8-8fe6-591e378edb64
  9. how to install backup files

how to install backup files: how do I install personal backup files located on drive c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-backup-files/cd7bb2a4-a6e0-4b95-a1d4-d9546e970661"
  10. Google+Auto backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google+Auto backup: Each time I boot up,I get an invitation from Google+ backup to backup my photos.I follow the instructions for email address and password and click submit.I then get an alarm sound with a box that says"ERROR failed to access account information"Then I get an email alert from...