Windows 10: Redirect after logging out of outlook locking up browser

Discus and support Redirect after logging out of outlook locking up browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So recently after logging out of outlook my browser (firefox) got locked up by a web page with a voice warning that I have a virus or something to that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Lusankya, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Lusankya Win User

Redirect after logging out of outlook locking up browser

So recently after logging out of outlook my browser (firefox) got locked up by a web page with a voice warning that I have a virus or something to that effect. After closing firefox with task manager I tried to use firefox again but was redirected back to the same page with the same warning and voice. Now I was able to get firefox going again pretty quickly by doing a quick search using Edge on how to remedy the problem. This also happened using Edge about a week or so ago while on that MSN page that comes up when starting up Edge. I did a full scan with MRT and Malwarebytes and they didn't find anything.

My question for you guys would be are you finding the same thing happening to you? Is it just a bad link or something?

:)

Lusankya, Aug 25, 2017
  2. a.munzo Win User

I disabled all services and can't log in at all

Thanks but my problem is Is that I am unable to log in I'm just stuck in the lock screen, I push space to go put the passcode but nothing pops up and redirects me to the lock screen. I can't log in whatsoever

a.munzo, Aug 25, 2017
  3. tripston Win User
    Nokia 5800: Internet Browser Problem

Someone please move this to the broken 5800 internet browser thread. Thought i was redirected back to the thread after logging in.

tripston, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Redirect after logging out of outlook locking up browser

Hi Lusankya.

I see this all the time with my clients and it is very much browsers independent. (Chrome, Firefox, IE). I think, no proof, it is coming as a malicious ad that gets picked up with all this automated ad serving.

In your case I believe that as you cut the legs out from Firefox by using Task Manager it considered it a crash. Now most browsers have a way to restore from a crash. Some give you the capability to set this feature off for just such a reason. (Google your browser.) You killed it but the software assisted you by restoring the active pages.

Some browsers ask if you want to restore when they restart and in this case the answer would be "No".

Another way that can work for some of these issues. Kill it as you did, disconnect from Internet, restart browser, attempt to close browser normally, when its closed reconnect to Internet. Some try to hijack Start / Home pages so this should also be checked before reconnecting to net.

Would be interested to see other member thoughts / solutions.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 26, 2017
  5. Lusankya Win User
    Thanks for the reply Ken. I think you answered everything I was looking for *Smile.

Lusankya, Aug 27, 2017
  6. I think Google is going to try to stop some of these starting next year. I'm not 100% clear that these Virus notices are the ones Google is talking about and it will be with Chrome.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...602-story.html

If you get a moment please mark thread sokved. Thanks

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Redirect after logging out of outlook locking up browser

1. Redirect after logging out of outlook locking up browser - Similar Threads - Redirect logging outlook

2. Browser is redirecting to unwanted website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser is redirecting to unwanted website: Hello:When I type "facebook" into Chrome browser, I get a list of results. When I click the first one, in the "advertised" section, it redirects me to a scam Windows Defender Warning site at:8a1sihewonud7e4o2qid.azurewebsites.net. Chrome throws a WARNING message that it is a...
  3. Lock out of Outlook urgent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lock out of Outlook urgent: Hello OUTLOOK password entered was invalid so I am now locked out. I have an urgent email delivery to send . need some help. I have logged into my Microsoft Account. Regards Dave Huculak...
  4. Locked out of Outlook Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of Outlook Account: For some reason I was locked out of my outlook account?!! I do not use this account often and mainly for friends only. [img] Now trying to get the unlock code via phone number, which is the only option given is a bad jock as we all know, looking at Microsoft community...
  5. Locked out of Outlook Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out of Outlook Account: For some reason I was locked out of my outlook account?!! I do not use this account often and mainly for friends only. [img] Now trying to get the unlock code via phone number, which is the only option given is a bad jock as we all know, looking at Microsoft community...
  6. Instagram In ALL Browsers is Wonky After Logging Out

in Browsers and Email
    Instagram In ALL Browsers is Wonky After Logging Out: I guess this is a browser problem but who knows. I have never posted on Instagram nor have I ever "tagged" someone if that's what the kids are saying now a days or is that Facebook. I just follow people. Anyway this is the third time now that this has happened to me. My...
  7. outlook browser redirect window 7

outlook browser redirect window 7: my windows 7 with outlook 2007 I get redirect on the browser sying I have a virus and must contact MS for a repair I use ctrl alt delete and remove the warning...
  8. Browser redirect virus

Browser redirect virus: Hello to all, I would simply like to know how to get rid of redirect virus on my HP Pro Book lap top. I already did full scans with Micro Soft Security Essentials, threats were discovered and removed but as soon as I open Internet Explorer the redirecting continues. Words...
  9. Locked out of logging into system

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of logging into system: Whenever I turn on my hp laptop, has my name & request password . That's where trouble begins .... Don't remember my password & it won't allow me to reset or get to start , control panel etc page . Help me please ! 64261
  10. outlook 2007 locking up

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2007 locking up: I'm having intermittent problems with outlook 2007 locking up. Any suggestions for fix? 24458