Windows 10: Redirect Folders

Discus and support Redirect Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to redirect the Downloads folder to a different disk (D drive). What's the best method? a. Right click Downloads folder -> Location ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GatsbyGlen, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Redirect Folders

I'd like to redirect the Downloads folder to a different disk (D drive). What's the best method?

a. Right click Downloads folder -> Location -> change path
    b. or, use mklink?

Thanks!

:)

GatsbyGlen, Sep 6, 2015

2. Paths to profile folders subject to folder redirection

Sayan, thanks for your reply, but what you state is only true if the profile folders Pictures, Documents, etc, have not been redirected out of the profile folder.

In a user profile with folder redirection of these folders, the %USERPROFILE% folder does NOT contain folders / junctions for the redirected folders on a Win10 system. (Win7 systems DO have junctions in the %USERPROFILE% folder for these redirected folders.)

NotMultipleChoice, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Corrupted Recycle bin

Looking at our resources, there's a possibility that this concern has something to do with permission issues. Try to configure the folder redirection policy for documents.

Configured the Folder Redirection policy for Documents:

Target tab:

Setting: Basic - Redirect everyone's folder to the same location

Target folder location - Redirect to the user's home directory

Settings tab:

Enabled - Move the contents of Documents to the new location.

Disabled - Grant the user exclusive rights to Documents.

Disabled - Also apply redirection policy to Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP and Windows 2003 operating systems

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Sep 6, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Redirect Folders

a. effectively does b.

topgundcp, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Thanks - I'll go with a *Smile

GatsbyGlen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Redirect Folders

1. Redirect Folders - Similar Threads - Redirect Folders

2. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  3. Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons when signing into multiple domain joined computers with folder redirection: we have multiple computers joined to a windows server domain with desktop redirection setup. However, not every computer has the same software installed and although each person has their own dedicated computer to use sometimes they need to sign into another computer and if...
  4. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder: Hi, Windows 10 and 11 users are receiving "cannot upload file, this file contains system files" error when attempting to upload Excel CSV files to Microsoft NAV. Files are located in their My Documents folder, which is being redirected to a 2016 Windows server using an...
  5. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder: Hi, Windows 10 and 11 users are receiving "cannot upload file, this file contains system files" error when attempting to upload Excel CSV files to Microsoft NAV. Files are located in their My Documents folder, which is being redirected to a 2016 Windows server using an...
  6. Cannot upload file, this file contains system files error on Redirected My Documents folder

7. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...
  8. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...
  9. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

10. Redirecting the everything going to the user folder

Redirecting the everything going to the user folder: I have a small system SSD-disk that is getting to small for the task. I don't really have a replacement at hand and I can't afford a new one right now. So I know windows and programs running on windows just keep filling the user-folder with all kinds of trash, it's a...