Windows 10: Redirect sites from IE to Microsoft Edge using Group Policy in Windows 10

Discus and support Redirect sites from IE to Microsoft Edge using Group Policy in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge has been nurtured in such a way that it now competes with some of the best browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, etc. Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 16, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Redirect sites from IE to Microsoft Edge using Group Policy in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 Folder Redirection using Group Policy

Hi All,

I have Server 2012 r2, there is a GPO that redirects users folders. I am in the middle of upgrading OS to Windows 10.

Now I have upgraded 6 clients at the moment but some are not picking up the folder redirection Group policy.

The folder redirection policy works fine on Windows 7.

I have:

Tried forcing gpupdate

Ran a gpresult but does not show anything about the group policy for folder redirection

Update the Group policy files within sysvol

There is no WMI filter

The users are allowed to read the GPO

Rolling back the build that the user was on to an earlier version

If i get one of the affected users to login to another computer (Win10) that works with folder redirection the computer applies it but on their own pc the computer with Win10 it can not see the Group policy.

So this tells me that there is not a problem with the users permissions but something with the Windows version or Computer permissions that are stopping group policy from applying.

The folder redirection group policy does not show up in the denied group policies either.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Ashley

Ashley Watson 1, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Available policies for Microsoft Edge

Available policies for Microsoft Edge
    GPOs for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, Version 1607 or later Allow Extensions Show message
    when opening sites in IE

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...lable-policies

Cluster Head, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings (Preview)

Full article at Microsoft Docs: New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings | Microsoft Docs

Thema:

1. Redirect sites from IE to Microsoft Edge using Group Policy in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Redirect sites Microsoft

2. Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?: I know that it can be done per video, as per here, but is there a way to block or allow ALL videos per a specific website?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-group-policy-to-block-or-allow-all-videos-on/52ece3e7-c92f-4305-9909-677297a4a8fc
  3. Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?: I know that it can be done per video, as per here, but is there a way to block or allow ALL videos per a specific website?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-group-policy-to-block-or-allow-all-videos-on/52ece3e7-c92f-4305-9909-677297a4a8fc
  4. Using group policy to block or allow all videos on a specific sites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  6. Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2

in Browsers and Email
    Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2: In 20H2 if you try to open a website in Internet Explorer that says it doesn't support IE then IE will automatically open the site in Chromium Edge and close. One such site is Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine This...
  7. Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Starting with Microsoft Edge 87, Microsoft is rolling out new GPO or Group Policies […] This article Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to resolve the issue of computers running Windows 8 and later versions may not apply Folder Redirection Group Policy […] This article Folder Redirection Group Policy not applied when using SCCM in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. Cannot stream video or audio content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot stream video or audio content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10.: I cannot stream any content from web sites in Edge or IE in Windows 10. Any thoughts on what is wrong? I have other Win10 systems on my network that work fine, so I know that it is not a network issue, but something specific to this one system. Thanks for any help that can...
  10. New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings (Preview)

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings (Preview): New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings (Preview) Applies to: Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Preview build 17718 The Microsoft Edge team introduces new Group Policies and MDM Settings for the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17718. The new policies allow IT...