Windows 10: redirect websites

Discus and support redirect websites in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how can i stop thegoodcaster.com redirect on my laptop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by moseskiao1, Jan 26, 2019.

1. redirect websites

how can i stop thegoodcaster.com redirect on my laptop

:)

moseskiao1, Jan 26, 2019

2. Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 26, 2019
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Jan 26, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

redirect websites

steamgamesales.com

Seems like a website to garner traffic. All it does is redirect to steampowered.com. Seems like an unecessary step to me. Who knows what that website is really for? If you want to purchase a game on Steam, use the official site. www.steampowered.com. They even list what's on sale on their front page.

erocker, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

redirect websites

1. redirect websites - Similar Threads - redirect websites

2. i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...: i was on a minecraft website and it redirecting me to an unsecure website called something like mcaffee, i didn’t click anything and exited out of that and will no longer be using that website but i’m worried if that could have done anything to my pc. it’s working completely...
  3. i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i was on a minecraft website and it redirected me to an unsecure website is my pc going to...: i was on a minecraft website and it redirecting me to an unsecure website called something like mcaffee, i didn’t click anything and exited out of that and will no longer be using that website but i’m worried if that could have done anything to my pc. it’s working completely...
  4. On a website I visit daily I got what looks like a bogus redirect while using my wife's laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On a website I visit daily I got what looks like a bogus redirect while using my wife's laptop.: I have attached a screenshot image of the redirect notification that popped up on the screen. Could somebody confirm or comment on its authenticity please? Thank you....
  5. On a website I visit daily I got what looks like a bogus redirect while using my wife's laptop.

On a website I visit daily I got what looks like a bogus redirect while using my wife's laptop.: I have attached a screenshot image of the redirect notification that popped up on the screen. Could somebody confirm or comment on its authenticity please? Thank you....
  6. On a website I visit daily I got what looks like a bogus redirect while using my wife's laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. New Unhelpful answers.microsoft.com Website Redirect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Unhelpful answers.microsoft.com Website Redirect: Somewhat recently this website has changed. Whenever I try to look at a page and then hit the back button, to go back to my search engine, the back button doesn't work and instead I am stuck on the same page. I end up having to click the back button several times fast, like a...
  8. New Unhelpful answers.microsoft.com Website Redirect

New Unhelpful answers.microsoft.com Website Redirect: Somewhat recently this website has changed. Whenever I try to look at a page and then hit the back button, to go back to my search engine, the back button doesn't work and instead I am stuck on the same page. I end up having to click the back button several times fast, like a...
  9. New Unhelpful answers.microsoft.com Website Redirect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.: Used to be that I would login directly to outlook to check my emails and then occasionally navigate my way to website proper using the icon on the top right of the screen, used to be there would be a momentary flash from login.live.com as I assumed it verified my login or...