Windows 10: redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

Discus and support redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i changed my 3D objects quick access shortcut location to a new folder name Program setups. the quick access shortcut does bring me to the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darren_wl03, Mar 5, 2020.

1. redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

so i changed my 3D objects quick access shortcut location to a new folder name Program setups. the quick access shortcut does bring me to the program setups folder, but its still named 3D objects. i can't rename the shortcut either. does anyone have an idea how i can fix this?

submitted by /u/Darren_wl03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darren_wl03, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Arzi Win User

Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming

Rather than taking complicated workaround steps to rename a Quick Access folder, which technically is not renaming it, why not just change the folder icon: Browse to the original folder location, right-click, Properties, Customize tab; Change icon, browse to desired icon, OK, Apply, OK twice.

Arzi, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Mar 5, 2020
  4. redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

Have just done Windows 10 update from 8.1 - very smooth well done MS!

Have encountered one small problem. In Windows Explorer have discovered "Quick Access" list. Clicking on one folder gives pop-up box "Location is not available" . Displays path which does not exist plus some suggestions as to what might have happened. If
    I right click on folder in list and select "Remove from Quick Access" nothing happens.

How do I get rid of this folder from the list?

Adagio-of-Wight, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location

1. redirected quick access folder not renaming to new location - Similar Threads - redirected quick access

2. How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename items in Quick Access folder?: I've found some discussions on that dated 6-7 years ago. There were no reasonable solutions provided then. I guess it's time to re-open the discussion and maybe do something about it?So, my question is...How or rather when I'll be able to:1 Right-click an item in the Quick...
  3. Quick Access linking folders to same location

Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  4. Quick Access linking folders to same location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access linking folders to same location: I've been trying to edit my quick access folders and somewhere along the lines I've made a mistake. Now the downloads and documents folders are all linking to one location.To make matters even more confusing. I have my user profile on another HDD so I need to link it to that...
  5. Quick Access linking folders to same location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to open a quick access folder in it's original location

How to open a quick access folder in it's original location: Hi,I have several folders pinned to quick access. Many of the folders are 6+ levels deep in a corporate filing structure.I would like to be able to quickly open any folder pinned to quick access in the format that shows that folder with the triangle expand/collapse arrows. Is...
  7. Quick access renaming folders

Quick access renaming folders: Is it possible to change names of pinned folders WITHOUT changing the Quick access names in Explorer? I used to be able to do this in Win 7 with its Explorer's Favorites.I typically have one handy folder, such as Desktop\New Folder, where I put files which I copy or download....
  8. Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you rename User Folder in Quick Access?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/p0hi0km1zop61.png?width=306&format=png&auto=webp&s=4a4a38841a78f0ca175434ce762efc51d89e04f0 submitted by /u/andorejunior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/metyzq/can_you_rename_user_folder_in_quick_access/
  9. How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Quick Access is a handy feature. It not only lists recent folders but also includes some system folders like documents, downloads, pictures and so on. If you ever wanted to rename Quick Access folders, we will guide you [...] This post How to...
  10. Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming: Rather than taking complicated workaround steps to rename a Quick Access folder, which technically is not renaming it, why not just change the folder icon: Browse to the original folder location, right-click, Properties, Customize tab; Change icon, browse to desired icon, OK,...