Windows 10: Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.

Discus and support Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Used to be that I would login directly to outlook to check my emails and then occasionally navigate my way to website proper using the icon on the top... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Atruem, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Atruem Win User

Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.

Used to be that I would login directly to outlook to check my emails and then occasionally navigate my way to website proper using the icon on the top right of the screen, used to be there would be a momentary flash from login.live.com as I assumed it verified my login or something.However for the past few days it's also being doing so through login.microsoftonline.com. I am probably being paranoid but I just want to make sure that this is legitimate, I have provided a screenshot below of the exact websites as well as the order they show up. What I didn't show was before it has my Outlook, It

:)

Atruem, Aug 4, 2022

2. Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

Turn Windows Security on or off

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 4, 2022
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Aug 4, 2022
  4. erocker Win User

steamgamesales.com

Seems like a website to garner traffic. All it does is redirect to steampowered.com. Seems like an unecessary step to me. Who knows what that website is really for? If you want to purchase a game on Steam, use the official site. www.steampowered.com. They even list what's on sale on their front page.

erocker, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website. - Similar Threads - Redirecting through Microsftonline

2. No audio through any streaming website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio through any streaming website: Hi,Over the past week, all of a sudden, I lost audio via 3.5mm jack while watching anything streaming, eg, YouTube. However, when I pull the 3.5mm jack out, the sound comes through the speakers of the laptop.From memory, I have not updated anything to cause it to...
  3. No audio through any streaming website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio through any streaming website: Hi,Over the past week, all of a sudden, I lost audio via 3.5mm jack while watching anything streaming, eg, YouTube. However, when I pull the 3.5mm jack out, the sound comes through the speakers of the laptop.From memory, I have not updated anything to cause it to...
  4. No audio through any streaming website

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  6. Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions

Printers not being redirected through remote desktop sessions: Hello.My team is making some changes on the server infrastructure and we are going through a real pain trying to redirect printers.We have an old server which is working fine and redirecting the printers without any problem.We copied the same settings but in Windows Server...
  7. Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.: Used to be that I would login directly to outlook to check my emails and then occasionally navigate my way to website proper using the icon on the top right of the screen, used to be there would be a momentary flash from login.live.com as I assumed it verified my login or...
  8. Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.

Redirecting through Microsftonline while moving through the Website.: Used to be that I would login directly to outlook to check my emails and then occasionally navigate my way to website proper using the icon on the top right of the screen, used to be there would be a momentary flash from login.live.com as I assumed it verified my login or...
  9. redirect websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    redirect websites: how can i stop thegoodcaster.com redirect on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/redirect-websites/fa4952a1-0d36-475b-9751-fc1d7c04f084
  10. website redirects

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    website redirects: How do I stop website redirects when I surf the web? All my Window defender particulars appear up to date and working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-redirects/ba0c7761-2df4-4335-87ba-d90e71adbade"