Windows 10: Redownload Windows 10 Home after failed install (upgrading from Windows 7 Pro)

Discus and support Redownload Windows 10 Home after failed install (upgrading from Windows 7 Pro) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After purchasing and successfully downloading Windows 10 Home (upgrading from Win 7 Pro), the Install failed after the first re-start attempt. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RitaSarno-Hrabie, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Redownload Windows 10 Home after failed install (upgrading from Windows 7 Pro)

After purchasing and successfully downloading Windows 10 Home (upgrading from Win 7 Pro), the Install failed after the first re-start attempt. I had neglected to un install Norton Security as advised.

My computer was restored to the Win 7 config. When I tried to re-download Win 10 in the Microsoft store, I couldn't. The download button was unresponsive. How can I get a re-download?

:)

RitaSarno-Hrabie, Nov 30, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Redownload Windows 10 Home after failed install (upgrading from Windows 7 Pro)

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Redownload Windows 10 Home after failed install (upgrading from Windows 7 Pro)

1. Redownload Windows 10 Home after failed install (upgrading from Windows 7 Pro) - Similar Threads - Redownload Home failed

2. upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed: I finished set up on new computer. purchased upgrade from windows 11 home to pro. upgrade failed, error code 0x80070490. i checked for windows updates, installed, restarted and now Windows 11 Enterprise is showing but not active. What do i do to get Pro installed?...
  3. upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from window 11 home to pro install failed: I finished set up on new computer. purchased upgrade from windows 11 home to pro. upgrade failed, error code 0x80070490. i checked for windows updates, installed, restarted and now Windows 11 Enterprise is showing but not active. What do i do to get Pro installed?...
  4. Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: My current laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T490 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I went to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the upgrade and installed it at which point the computer gave error code 0x80070005. I restarted and said "Applying updates"....
  5. Upgraded from windows 7 Home, to Windows 10 Pro

Upgraded from windows 7 Home, to Windows 10 Pro: Hey guys I recently upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit Pro V. 1909. I logged onto my computer with windows 7 still activated, inserted the windows 10 disk as it prompted me, for upgrading. I did that, everything went smooth. Although when i went...
  6. Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed"

Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed": So I finally bought Windows 10 after missing the free upgrade window and of course the installation won't work. I have a valid Product Key for W10, downloaded the media creation tool and have tried several times to upgrade, and each time it goes through the whole installation...
  7. upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro

upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro: i have brought windows 10 pro and downloaded it to a memory stick but my windows 7 is asking for a anytime upgrade key to upggrade how or where do i get one ....
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro fails

Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro fails: When running the upgrade process for the above, from a Microsoft supplied USB key, the process is failing with error code 0xC1900101-0x30017 FIRST_BOOT. At 27% of the update process. I've updated the display drivers and run the win 7 update tool to check as per advice pages....
  9. Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Please can someone advise if it is possible to upgrade directly from Windows 7 (working laptop) to Windows 10 Pro using a Microsoft Windows 10 Flashdrive? (full Windows 10 Pro flashdrive purchased from Microsoft) I appreciate I can install a clean Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro

Upgrade and clean install failed from Windows 7 pro: Maybe someone can push me in the right direction to a fix ? Or should I buy a new computer? Today I decided to accept Microsoft's invitation to download and upgrade my windows 7 pro, unfortunately, it didn't go so smoothly as I had hoped it would! It downloaded ok and...