Windows 10: Redstone 4 and file sharing

Discus and support Redstone 4 and file sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using my windows 7 PC to share out files to my windows 10 pro machine. I know things are changing with Redstone 4 but would like to know if my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bbernieb, Jan 29, 2018.

1. bbernieb Win User

Redstone 4 and file sharing

I am using my windows 7 PC to share out files to my windows 10 pro machine. I know things are changing with Redstone 4 but would like to know if my current setup (files shared from windows 7 to my windows 10) machine will continue to work with Redstone 4. Any info would be appreciated. I planned to replace the windows 7 machine at some point in the future but not too soon.

:)

bbernieb, Jan 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 system freezes randomly after fall Creators Update installed.

In Redstone 4, the problem of random hangs was eliminated. Need to check. Upgrade to Redstone 4 will be on April 10th.

Эдуард Демьянeнкo, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 system freezes randomly after fall Creators Update installed.

Do you have any more info on that? Links maybe?

I'd like to read more about this fix in Redstone 4.

Thanks Redstone 4 and file sharing :)

Hector_the_invincible, Jan 29, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Since RS4 will be an Upgrade you most likely will need to re-establish some networking settings, just "the nature of the beast". Some programs likely will not work or work the same. I've gotten around the file sharing issue [some time ago] by using 2 x 2TB HDDs connected to my Router by Ethernet cable and all computers, Wired or Wireless, can access files stored on them, even my old WinXP, just need to Map a Folder on them.

Berton, Jan 30, 2018
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    FYI ... If you don't use either of the following, then you shouldn't have any major issues.
    1. HomeGroup will be removed in Redstone 4 - MS has deprecated HomeGroup, already been removed in Insider Preview starting with 17063
    2. SMBv1 could get uninstalled - MS has deprecated SMBv1, however it is still available and can be reinstalled if needed.

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Redstone 4 and file sharing - Similar Threads - Redstone file sharing

2. File sharing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File sharing.: How do I set up file sharing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing/82cbca71-2b22-4d35-852c-939fa0a06c93
  3. File sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing: I am trying to file share across three computers, all Windows 10, all version 1809 - I can see the three of them using 'network', but when I try to access one of them, I get a "file an print sharing is online but isn't responding to connection attempts" - googled a bunch of...
  4. File sharing

File sharing: Here is the problem. In Windows 10 I have a home network where two computers very nicely share files between Computer 1 and Computer 2. This still works well. I added Computer 3. All three show up on the network. Computer 3 can share files with Computer 2. But when I try...
  5. File Sharing

File Sharing: I created a home group for file and printer sharing with my wife's desktop. It no longer works. I keep checking the settings on both computers and they appear to be the same as when it worked. Any ideas?...
  6. sharing files

sharing files: Can I share files between computers in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files/51f15bf4-a09e-459b-80cc-85f6238dc2c9"
  7. Please fix compatibility issue on Redstone 4.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please fix compatibility issue on Redstone 4.: I have been using Windows 10 and recently updated Redstone 4, and it drives me crazy with compatibility issue. Many applications have had various issues and some of them do not work any longer. The compatibility option also doesn't work. It is useless most of the time. One...
  8. File sharing

File sharing: How do I connect 2 pc's for file sharing now that Homegroup is no longer available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing/c742b813-ebb3-48fc-97c6-e901a2db895f"
  9. File Sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Sharing: How do you file share in a home network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing/9187bd18-efeb-4ed6-ae66-5c140cf91e44"
  10. New Game Bar Design for Windows 10 Redstone 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Game Bar Design for Windows 10 Redstone 4: [img] Microsoft is reworking its Game Bar to take advantage of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and we got a sneak peek at what’s coming, thanks to some early code hidden in Redstone 4 build 17046. Here are all the changes we noticed, from left to right, if you’re...