Windows 10: Redstone 4 and file sharing

Discus and support Redstone 4 and file sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using my windows 7 PC to share out files to my windows 10 pro machine. I know things are changing with Redstone 4 but would like to know if my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bbernieb, Jan 29, 2018.

1. bbernieb Win User

Redstone 4 and file sharing

I am using my windows 7 PC to share out files to my windows 10 pro machine. I know things are changing with Redstone 4 but would like to know if my current setup (files shared from windows 7 to my windows 10) machine will continue to work with Redstone 4. Any info would be appreciated. I planned to replace the windows 7 machine at some point in the future but not too soon.

:)

bbernieb, Jan 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 system freezes randomly after fall Creators Update installed.

In Redstone 4, the problem of random hangs was eliminated. Need to check. Upgrade to Redstone 4 will be on April 10th.

Эдуард Демьянeнкo, Jan 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 system freezes randomly after fall Creators Update installed.

Do you have any more info on that? Links maybe?

I'd like to read more about this fix in Redstone 4.

Thanks Redstone 4 and file sharing :)

Hector_the_invincible, Jan 29, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Since RS4 will be an Upgrade you most likely will need to re-establish some networking settings, just "the nature of the beast". Some programs likely will not work or work the same. I've gotten around the file sharing issue [some time ago] by using 2 x 2TB HDDs connected to my Router by Ethernet cable and all computers, Wired or Wireless, can access files stored on them, even my old WinXP, just need to Map a Folder on them.

Berton, Jan 30, 2018
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    FYI ... If you don't use either of the following, then you shouldn't have any major issues.
    1. HomeGroup will be removed in Redstone 4 - MS has deprecated HomeGroup, already been removed in Insider Preview starting with 17063
    2. SMBv1 could get uninstalled - MS has deprecated SMBv1, however it is still available and can be reinstalled if needed.

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Redstone 4 and file sharing - Similar Threads - Redstone file sharing

2. File Sharing between 4 Windows 10 computers on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing between 4 Windows 10 computers on the same network: We have 4 computers running Windows 10 on the same Local Area Network. Using File Explorer, they can usually see each other but when an attempt is made to access one from another, I am asked to enter theNetwork Credentials User Name and password}. I have tried every...
  3. Please fix compatibility issue on Redstone 4.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please fix compatibility issue on Redstone 4.: I have been using Windows 10 and recently updated Redstone 4, and it drives me crazy with compatibility issue. Many applications have had various issues and some of them do not work any longer. The compatibility option also doesn't work. It is useless most of the time. One...
  4. What updates do we have in Redstone 4 update of Windows 10?

What updates do we have in Redstone 4 update of Windows 10?: I am getting some issues while installing SQL Services in Windows 10 Redstone 4 updates, earlier it was working on Redstone 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-updates-do-we-have-in-redstone-4-update-of/1e42c23d-2bd6-4e05-8a9b-0f59941d9f40
  5. Win10 Redstone Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Redstone Update: I have my updates set to defer upgrades and I am wondering as to how long would it delay a feature update like the Redstone update? Is there like a certain timeframe to this by having that setting checked? And what if I decide I want this Redstone update now? Should I...
  6. Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?: I am still running Win10 Pro (November Update 1511), and I am waiting for Redstone 1 (stable release) to roll out. I think its planned in January of 2017, I am not sure. Anyways, I did a clean install of Win10 Pro version 1511 using by license key for that version from the...
  7. New Fonts Page Coming to Settings in Windows 10 Redstone 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Fonts Page Coming to Settings in Windows 10 Redstone 4: Microsoft is adding font management capabilities to the Settings app in Windows 10, and with some poking around, we managed to enable them in Redstone 4 build 17074.Yee-haw, let’s look at some fonts. The new Font page takes on the look and feel of the old Font Control Panel,...
  8. whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-avai lable-march-2018

in Windows 10 News
    whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-avai lable-march-2018: This is a pretty good summary of all the main changes to 1803 RS4. Everything New in Windows 10s Spring Creators Update, Available April 2018
  9. Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 'Redstone 4' official name to be Windows 10 April Update: For the past couple of months, various leaks have pointed to Microsoft officially naming its upcoming Windows 10 "Redstone 4" release "Spring Creators Update." This week, yet another leak makes the Spring Creators name look even more likely.The Walking Cat (@h0x0d) asked a...
  10. New Game Bar Design for Windows 10 Redstone 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Game Bar Design for Windows 10 Redstone 4: [img] Microsoft is reworking its Game Bar to take advantage of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and we got a sneak peek at what’s coming, thanks to some early code hidden in Redstone 4 build 17046. Here are all the changes we noticed, from left to right, if you’re...