Windows 10: Redstone 5 Reset option

Discus and support Redstone 5 Reset option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again. Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jin8864, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Jin8864 Win User

Redstone 5 Reset option

I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again.

Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows:

Redstone 5 Reset option 9ea4877c-fa6c-43c7-8d54-f4e04178457c?upload=true.jpg

Redstone 5 Reset option 11ab3df5-dfab-47b3-86e2-fd74b3c69ecd?upload=true.jpg

There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and clean the drive, would it remove all files on D drive as well?

:)

Jin8864, Apr 23, 2019

2. Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone
    By Barry Richards -
    February 25, 2016

More specifically, Windows 10 build 14271, which is the latest version of the Redstone preview that we have to.
    It moves further towards the ultimate retirement of the Control Panel.

The desktop one, that is.

Classic as it is, the Settings app is where the action is at in Windows 10 — as more and more options are being moved to this universal application. Redstone has just taken it one step further, and if this trend holds, we could see a range of new options part of Settings by the time this update for the OS arrives.

As noted, the latest version that Microsoft released moves the taskbar configuration options from the desktop Control Panel to Settings.

Take another big step towards this change.

Read more at Source

Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone - Windows 10 News and Updates

hTconeM9user, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Jin8864 Win User
    Redstone 5 Reset option

I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again.

Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows:

Redstone 5 Reset option 9ea4877c-fa6c-43c7-8d54-f4e04178457c?upload=true.jpg

Redstone 5 Reset option 11ab3df5-dfab-47b3-86e2-fd74b3c69ecd?upload=true.jpg

There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and clean the drive, would it remove all files on D drive as well?

Jin8864, Jun 28, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Redstone 5 Reset option

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Redstone 5 Reset option

1. Redstone 5 Reset option - Similar Threads - Redstone Reset option

2. WINDOWS 10 RedStone 5 Will Compactible On Deep Freeze 8.30

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 RedStone 5 Will Compactible On Deep Freeze 8.30: i try this install on my deep freeze 8.30 until restart ''Diagnostic your PC" and then BSOD What shall will do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-redstone-5-will-compactible-on-deep/c0e45d34-9dec-49f5-9523-424fae7dca71
  3. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update: I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It is taking at least 50 sec to open any browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). 5 days back it ran into BSOD, anyhow I recovered...
  4. Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5: My PC has several issues after I update it to Windows 10's latest RedStone5 update through insider program. They are making my life a hell- Cortana is starting to listen me when I say "Hey Cortana" but cannot respond to what I am saying. [I have already done many tasks...
  5. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......
  6. Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018: [ATTACH] https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10s-october-update-redstone-5-will-be-released-on-october-2nd/ It would be a good idea to make a system image before it installs. https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree...
  7. Microsoft is retiring XSS Filter in Edge browser with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is retiring XSS Filter in Edge browser with Redstone 5: Microsoft is currently working on Windows 10 Redstone 5 update and it comes with a slew of improvements for native apps like Edge browser. With Windows 10 Redstone 5, the company is adding new features, Fluent Design and security-focused improvements to Edge browser. In 2008...
  8. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon: Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build marks a step in the process that signals the point in the development cycle where the company’s focus will be on...
  9. A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5: The next big update of Windows 10 is codenamed Redstone 5 and it’s projected to arrive in the fall. Windows 10 Redstone 5 is currently in development, and Microsoft is improving the OS with the help from Windows Insiders. Windows 10 RS 5 will be a big update, and it’ll...
  10. Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone: Microsoft Moves Taskbar Options To Settings In Redstone By Barry Richards - February 25, 2016 More specifically, Windows 10 build 14271, which is the latest version of the Redstone preview that we have to. It moves further towards the ultimate retirement of the Control...