Windows 10: Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

Discus and support Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Sumit Dhiman, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

How to: Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

How to Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows, you can decrease the space used by primary partitions and logical drives by shrinking them into adjacent, contiguous unallocated space on the same disk. This unallocated space could then be used to create a new simple volume (partition) on the disk.

When you shrink a volume/partition, the results are saved as a log in Event Viewer. This can be handy to see diagnostic details such as unmovable files, or if the shrink operation fails.

This tutorial will show you how to read the Event Viewer log for shrink volume analysis in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type eventvwr.msc, and click/tap on OK to open Event Viewer.

2. In the left pane of Event Viewer, expand open Windows Logs, click/tap on Application, right click or press and hold on Application, and click/tap on Filter Current Log. (see screenshot below)

3. Type 258,259 in the <All Event IDs> field, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see all available event logs for shrink volume listed at the top of the middle pane in Event Viewer. You can click/tap on a log for the date and time you want to read it. (see screenshots below)

5. When finished, you can close Event Viewer if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Nov 9, 2015
  2. Callender Win User

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

If I use this path it doesn't work:

If I use this path then it works fine:

Callender, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Superfly Win User

Piping from Admin to current user use: $home\Desktop\....

Shawn, you missed the switch in match (-match)

Superfly, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 26, 2019
  5. dgwin10 Win User
    dgwin10, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Callender Win User

I'm still on 1703.

So you could be correct.

Callender, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

1. Read Shrink Volume Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Read Shrink Volume

2. Event Viewer Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  3. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  4. Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Event Viewer is a Windows service that allows software and Windows to log actions […] This article Event Viewer logs are missing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  6. Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10: How to: Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Untrusted Font Blocking in Windows 10 A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design....
  7. Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Logoff and Sign Out Logs in Event Viewer in Windows When a user log in (sign in) without needing to restart the PC. You can use user initiated logoff (sign out). This tutorial will show...
  8. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  9. Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Shutdown and Restart Event Logs in Windows You can use restart. The event ID's below will show you these details. Event ID Description 1074 Logged when an app (ex: Windows Update) causes the...
  10. Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) in Windows 10 [img] Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by...