Windows 10: Reduce Mic Quality

Discus and support Reduce Mic Quality in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem when trying to change my microphone quality, I am trying to reduce it. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CostcoHentaiManager, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Reduce Mic Quality

Reduce Mic Quality dZvs1wsINZBPqJkfgLkK3D_u5R0-ixjQLL9dX75CFRM.jpg

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem when trying to change my microphone quality, I am trying to reduce it.
    This would be pretty simple if I wasn't getting a grayed out option bar.
    Is there a way to change this? (I am on a laptop and that is the built in mic if it's useful information)
    Maybe an application to change it? Anyways, thanks.

https://preview.redd.it/dxnf0t0gtgg...bp&s=d1dbdb222b7069d0a25ef0939809e594ea14917e

submitted by /u/CostcoHentaiManager
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CostcoHentaiManager, Aug 11, 2020

2. Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Aug 11, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Andrew Win User

Reduce Mic Quality

ATR 2500 USB Mic quality dropped suddenly

I've been using this mic for weeks to record voice overs in premiere pro on windows 10. Today the quality dropped significantly and I'm not sure why. Any help is appreciated - Here's what I've tried so far

• Uninstalled and reinstalled all audio drivers (failed)
    • Did a system restore to a point created 2 days ago (failed)
    • Ran through security settings for microphone to make sure programs are allow access
    • Tested the mic on my laptop: audio quality seems good there still
    • Ran troubleshooter on sound devices (failed to find issues)

Andrew, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Reduce Mic Quality

1. Reduce Mic Quality - Similar Threads - Reduce Mic Quality

2. Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?: Hello, several places, including the losslesscut faq, wrote that flipping a video reduces the quality ------------- quotation : Can LosslessCut crop, resize, stretch, mirror, overlay text/images, watermark, blur, redact, re-encode, speed-up/slow-down, create GIF, slideshow,...
  3. Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?: Hello, several places, including the losslesscut faq, wrote that flipping a video reduces the quality ------------- quotation : Can LosslessCut crop, resize, stretch, mirror, overlay text/images, watermark, blur, redact, re-encode, speed-up/slow-down, create GIF, slideshow,...
  4. Gamebar Mic Quality Issues

Gamebar Mic Quality Issues: Whenever I use the gamebar on my PC to join a party chat with my friends on Xbox I am told the mic quality has a ton of feedback in combination with sounding like being underwater. I tested the mic on discord and some recording software and the mic sounded perfectly normal...
  5. quality of videos reduces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quality of videos reduces: so im not sure why but whenever i save videos on my computer with high quality it reduces and this started happening a little while after i got this new computer i got it last year at the beginning of the year and the quality problems started during august. the videos i save...
  6. quality of videos reduces

quality of videos reduces: so im not sure why but whenever i save videos on my computer with high quality it reduces and this started happening a little while after i got this new computer i got it last year at the beginning of the year and the quality problems started during august. the videos i save...
  7. quality of videos reduces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Mic quality poor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic quality poor: I got a new headset a couple of days ago, the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro. I was surprised that my friends on discord told me that I sounded like I was underwater. I tried messing with synapse, windows, and discord settings, I tried changing the frequency but it was already set...
  9. Poor Mic Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor Mic Audio Quality: I recently built my first PC and have had a lot of audio issues since installing Windows 10 on it. Most of them are now sorted out but one still remains. My microphone quality is horrible and unintelligible in Windows 10. I can confirm that this is an audio processing issue...
  10. Trash Mic Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trash Mic Quality: I recently built a new pc for gaming and my snowball mic suddenly sounds horrible. I found the problem in the advanced device settings Uunder "telephone quality" when i try to change the quality to a higher setting and press apply MY SETTINGS DO NOT SAVE. ITS PROBABLY A...