Windows 10: Reduce photo size in emails

Discus and support Reduce photo size in emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Windows 10, how can I reduce the size of photos I want to attach to my emails so that the entire photo either fits or is smaller than the screen... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by suzafone, May 8, 2016.

1. suzafone Win User

Reduce photo size in emails

In Windows 10, how can I reduce the size of photos I want to attach to my emails so that the entire photo either fits or is smaller than the screen size?

:)

suzafone, May 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 no longer automatically reduces the size of a photo to attach in an email. WHY

I have windows 10 and after a recent update, the computer appears to have 'lost the ability' to reduce the size of a photo and attach it to an email: I will explain-

When I wanted to easily reduce the size of a photo, using the mouse curser to highlight the photo, I would right click and choose to email that photo to myself. The outlook would open a new email and automatically attached was
    the photo I had chosen but in a vastly reduced size.

This process allowed me to then insert smaller file sized photos into a word doc.

Why is this?

Moved fromReduce photo size in emails :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings )

NeverYoumind2, May 8, 2016
  3. reduce photo size for email in Windows 10

how to reduce the size of photos for email on windows 10

Allison Owens, May 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

If you send an image as attachment, the system will automatically resize it to fit the screen when the recipient receives the attachment.
    That's how I know it, and I have been sending pictures attachments for years and nobody ever told me I sent a picture too large to fit his/her screen.

Did you come across something to the contrary ?

davidhk, May 8, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    There isn't a native way of shrinking photos in Win 10 as far as I know.

If I insert an image into Thunderbird, there's an option to reduce the size, for example, but that's a 3rd party program.
    To reduce a group of images, you need a 3rd party program. I have one set up in my context menu.

I can't comment on the Mail client as I don't use it.

dalchina, May 8, 2016
  6. suzafone Win User
    Davidhk --- My photos show up supersized, have to scroll up or down & sideways to see the entire photo.

suzafone, May 8, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I use the built-in MSPaint [in Windows Accessories on All Apps] to resize photos. It seldom works to enlarge photos as they become pixelated. Or if I use the older photo viewer, not Photos, I might try a PrntScrn and paste into Paint to Select then Crop the image.

Berton, May 8, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I could be wrong in this matter, but that is what I know...........

What is the file extension of those photos of yours ?
    Images with BMP file extension are usually large.
    Perhaps when you download a photo, save it to jpg or png file type instead ?

davidhk, May 8, 2016
  9. If you go to Photo Gallery you can resize the photo you want send there
    How I do it is
    Open with Windows Photo Viewer
    Then Click Open
    A list will appear
    Click on Photo Gallery
    Then Edit or Resize
    There you can do what you want with it

hTconeM9user, May 8, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Do you know the difference between Photo Gallery and Photo Viewer ?

And how did you know the OP has Windows Photo Viewer ?

davidhk, May 8, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    *Ditto

There are many ways to resize photos I guess but I always use MS Paint because it is there and it is easy.

I usually resize my uploaded screen prints to this forum to 50% (as they are too big otherwise).

All you need to do is open the picture, click on resize, make up a percentage and then save it again.

Reduce photo size in emails [​IMG]

I must admit I forget to do it sometimes and some recipients are better than others at resizing what is received.

12. Yes I do know the difference as with windows photo viewer you cant resize
    Also If you go to Photo Gallery
    Then Edit and Properties there you can always resize your photo as well
    He might not have it but he might decide to install it.
    Also we are here to try and help him
    As he I believe asked how to reduce the size not send it as it is

hTconeM9user, May 8, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Photo Gallery comes with Windows Essentials. It does not come with Windows 10.
    You mentioned 2 applications, Photo Gallery and Windows Photo Viewer, none of which comes with Windows 10, and Photo Viewer does NOT even do resize.

How do you know the OP has Windows Essentials and Windows Photo Viewer installed ?
    If you must assume, you should specify that you were assuming.

You said " Also we are here to try and help him ". Then help the OP by using the app that comes with Windows 10.
    Assuming something that the OP may or may not have is Not helping.

davidhk, May 8, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Read your post.

You started with Photo Gallery, then you asked the OP to " Open with Windows Photo Viewer", then you asked again to " Click on Photo Gallery". How confusing can that be ?
    Furthermore, if one has Photo Gallery installed, why the heck one needs to open Photo Viewer ?

davidhk, May 8, 2016
  15. rboppy Win User
    The easy way. Right click the photo, click Send to, mail recipient, select the size, then mail it to yourself, place the attachment(s) on your desktop then attach them to your email.*Wink

rboppy, May 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Reduce photo size in emails - Similar Threads - Reduce photo size

2. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  3. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  4. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Reduce notifications size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce notifications size: Is there a way to make notifications smaller on Windows 10? submitted by /u/slitzzzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf39el/reduce_notifications_size/
  6. How to reduce size of mp4 files for email attachment?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to reduce size of mp4 files for email attachment?: Am downloading video files - MP4 - up to 15mb trying to send to contacts as email attachments. Some contacts can playback but others are unable to open the files. Need app to reduce size of these files so that all contacts can see them. Information on MS apps that will...
  7. Reduce size of text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reduce size of text: How do I reduce size of text before printing. HP ENVY 4502 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-size-of-text/b19a922f-8742-4553-9b3f-9caa49fe2543
  8. Reducing Scan Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reducing Scan Size: I trying to reduce the size of a picture to scan in my Brother MFC-440CN. Anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reducing-scan-size/8a103d33-d6f4-4e23-960f-3dd8ea8c3a34
  9. reduce picture size on background

in Windows 10 Customization
    reduce picture size on background: how do i reduce the size of the background picture 57973
  10. How To Reduce Size of Photo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Reduce Size of Photo?: Hi all, I just want to know I can reduce the width of a photo I've taken so that both the left and right side of the photo are subtracted equally. How can I best do this using Windows Paint? Thank you! 89479