Windows 10: reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error

Discus and support reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since I installed W10, I experience HAL event ID 12 error when going to sleep and this happens may be 30-40 % of the time. HAL error happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jgveill, Jul 28, 2016.

1. jgveill Win User

reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error

Hello,

Since I installed W10, I experience HAL event ID 12 error when going to sleep and this happens may be 30-40 % of the time. HAL error happens at sleep time, not at wake up time. I could not discover why it happens when it does.

After searching for hours, I found that the problem is related to the 1st 1mb memory that looks or is corrupted. With W7 and earlier, Microsoft doesn't use this memory anymore, so it should not create any problem and most people having HAL ID 12 errors seem not having any other problem, but I do ... When I wake up the computer, fan starts but everything else is dead ... PC comes alive exactly 5 minutes later, without any problem. Everything was like it was at sleep time. Event viewer shows no problem at all. So it looks like Microsoft is just warning me that something is wrong somewhere.

Problem is said to come from motherboard bios, but as my motherboard is quite old (M3A32 MVP) no bios update are available. So, reducing the 300 seconds delay seems the way to go.

I suspect there's a registry key somewhere to set the 300 seconds delay before resuming when a HAL ID 12 happened at sleep time. What's that key ? I could not find anything. My only goal is to reduce this delay before I get a new computer, but with 6 cores processor it's still a good one.

Thanks in advance J Guy

:)

jgveill, Jul 28, 2016
  2. VVU5 Win User

Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

I tried those as you've said but it there's no effect. The fixit link 'Run now' button is gray and can't be clicked with this message: We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft
    Fix it at this time.

I am getting this error from event viewer if it helps:

Event ID: 137

Source: Kernel-Power

The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance.

3. Cumulative Update KB3201845 Failing to Install

Please look for HAL events in the event viewer. Update firmware if possible.

Rudy-------------------------------, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error

1. reduce resume delay with HAL event ID 12 error - Similar Threads - reduce resume delay

2. Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13: Hello.I left home for 2 weeks and didn't use my HP Envy m6 laptop during those 2 weeks. When I went back and started it up, the laptop randomly shut down after 2-5 minutes when I started it up. I went through my event log and found a Microsoft-Windows-HAL error with Event ID...
  3. Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13: Hello.I left home for 2 weeks and didn't use my HP Envy m6 laptop during those 2 weeks. When I went back and started it up, the laptop randomly shut down after 2-5 minutes when I started it up. I went through my event log and found a Microsoft-Windows-HAL error with Event ID...
  4. Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Kernel-General Event ID 12 Triggers Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-General Event ID 12 Triggers Event ID 41: Where do I start, I have been having problems with my laptop randomly restarting for a couple of months now. I have done everything imaginable to try to fix this even going as far as to do a clean reinstall of Windows 11. I seriously doubt this is a hardware issue considering...
  6. event viewer error source hal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer error source hal: event viewer error source hal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-error-source-hal/5259ce73-95bb-432f-9f95-73c56eaf1cb7
  7. event viewer error source hal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer error source hal: event viewer error source hal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-error-source-hal/5259ce73-95bb-432f-9f95-73c56eaf1cb7
  8. event viewer error source hal

9. EVENT ID 12 HAL

EVENT ID 12 HAL: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.Been seeing this error in event viewer. I googled and some were saying Bios others too something different. Can anyone explain to me what...
  10. HAL 12 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    HAL 12 Error: Can anyone explain a HAL12 error that has a date of 9/28/2183; just started getting this error about 3 days ago when coming out of sleep. Had HAL errors in the past but don't remember how I fixed them since it was many years ago. 87678