Windows 10: Reduce windows/installer folder size with Dism++

Discus and support Reduce windows/installer folder size with Dism++ in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 machine with Office 2016 (Volume License). [img] If I uninstall office 2016 the size of the installer folder is about 700Mb. !!! So I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gvp9000, Apr 24, 2020.

1. gvp9000 Win User

Reduce windows/installer folder size with Dism++

Windows 10 machine with Office 2016 (Volume License).

Reduce windows/installer folder size with Dism++ [​IMG]

If I uninstall office 2016 the size of the installer folder is about 700Mb. !!!
    So I'm searching for a SAFE way to reduce the size of this folder.

Actually I've found 2 promising ways.
    1. Dism++
    2. This script
    Presenting… StartComponentCleanup for MSI (including Office) | My Digital Life Forums

Has anyone used any of these ways to reduce the size of the installer folder ?
    Is there any other SAFE way which would not lead to program updates problems or other issues ?

Thanks

Reduce windows/installer folder size with Dism++ [​IMG]

:)

gvp9000, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Prem_13 Win User

Unable to reduce the size of "Others" folder in SD Card

Hai guyz... Iam using Nokia Lumia 730. My "Others" folder size in SD is increasing & iam unable to reduce its size.. I tried copying all contents to my pc & Formatting sd card , but still no change.. Infact i doubt it increased the Others folder size
    a little bit.. It'd be best if anybody can suggest me a method to reduce its size....

Prem_13, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Prem_13 Win User
    Unable to reduce the size of "Others" folder in SD Card

Hai guyz... Iam using Nokia Lumia 730. My "Others" folder size in SD is increasing & iam unable to reduce its size.. I tried copying all contents to my pc & Formatting sd card , but still no change.. Infact i doubt it increased the Others folder size
    a little bit.. It'd be best if anybody can suggest me a method to reduce its size....

Prem_13, Apr 24, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Reduce the size of the WinSxS folder

Hi Adrian,

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Then for more options for reducing the size of that WinSxS folder, please see this Microsoft Article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

DaveM121, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Reduce windows/installer folder size with Dism++ - Similar Threads - Reduce installer folder

2. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  3. How to reduce the size of window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reduce the size of window?: How to reduce or increase the size of a window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-window/10a2b5df-c51c-478a-99a5-6bd6dd27bf61
  4. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  5. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  6. How to Reduce the Size of the C:\Windows\WinSxS\ Folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Reduce the Size of the C:\Windows\WinSxS\ Folder?: Hi all I am using Windows 10 Home (currently, ver 1909). When checking the size of folders in my C: partition, I see that the C:\Windows\WinSxS\ folder is 6.84GB. After searching in Google, I found that I can run: Code: dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. Reduce size of text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reduce size of text: How do I reduce size of text before printing. HP ENVY 4502 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-size-of-text/b19a922f-8742-4553-9b3f-9caa49fe2543
  8. Reducing Scan Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reducing Scan Size: I trying to reduce the size of a picture to scan in my Brother MFC-440CN. Anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reducing-scan-size/8a103d33-d6f4-4e23-960f-3dd8ea8c3a34
  9. Reduce the size of the WinSxS folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reduce the size of the WinSxS folder: Good morning, In Windows 10 Home in partition C in the Windows folder there is a folder named WinSxS where it has many files. Please be nice to tell me how I could reduce the space (size) of this folder. Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. Reduce Windows size in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reduce Windows size in HDD: Hi , sorry for my poor English. Windows is tkaing around 20GB on my PC, and my HDD is only 32GB has 8GB free. What and how can I reduce its size to a minimum size? 49902