Windows 10: Reduce windows snap sensitivity

Discus and support Reduce windows snap sensitivity in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like a slider, like the mouse double click sped etc. to reduce the "stickyness" of snap windows. Windows snap keeps hijacking my attempts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CShorts, Jun 23, 2020.

1. CShorts Win User

Reduce windows snap sensitivity

I would like a slider, like the mouse double click sped etc. to reduce the "stickyness" of snap windows.

Windows snap keeps hijacking my attempts to drag windows from one display to the other, and I still want to use windows snap, but would like to be able to make it so that I have to be more intentional with my attempts to snap a window.

Is there some way to do this now?

:)

CShorts, Jun 23, 2020

2. Decrease Touchpad Sensitivity

Hello Pete,

There is a possibility that you're experiencing this issue due a touchpad driver problem. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried updating the touchpad driver on your device? If not, we suggest that you update it by following the steps
      here on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we advise that you try the steps provided by Pawan Dhondiyal in this
    article on how to adjust the touch sensitivity of your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Accessibility feature of Windows Snap in Windows 10

Hello,

The mouse sensitivity while performing a Snap works in tandem with how it works in Windows. So, changing the mouse sensitivity will not impact the Snap feature functionality separately.

So to answer to your query, there is no such dedicated control/settings to change how mouse gestures will work for Snap feature in Windows.

However, a work around in this case is to use keyboard shortcuts:

• Windows + Left Arrow
    • Windows + Right Arrow
    This works to snap windows to the left and right half of the screen respectively.

Hope the recommendation is helpful.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Reduce windows snap sensitivity

how can I reduce the touchscreen sensitivity on windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to try the below steps to adjust the touch sensitivity of the system.

Pen and Touch settings:

• Type Pen and Touch in the Search bar.
    • Go to Pen and Touch settings.
    • Depending on your device, you may see a variety of tabs, such as
      Pen Options
      , Flicks, or Touch.
    • You can adjust the sensitivity of your touch device by adjusting sliders located in these tabs. For example, to adjust the sensitivity of a double-tap on your touch device, on the
      Touch tab, tap Double-tap, and then tap
      Settings
    • Drag the sliders to change the sensitivity. You can test your new settings by double-tapping the graphic at the bottom of window.

Calibrate the touch display:

• Type Calibrate on the Search bar.
    • Tap on Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.
    • Select the Calibrate button, and follow the tool’s instructions.

Note: Cleaning the screen can improve touch sensitivity. Most PC manufacturers recommend turning off the PC and using a microfiber cloth, available at most electronic stores.

Any barriers between your fingers and the display, including gloves, a protective case, sheet or film, or even water or lotion on your hands, can also impair touch sensitivity. If any of these conditions apply to you, try testing the device without
    such conditions.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Reduce windows snap sensitivity

1. Reduce windows snap sensitivity - Similar Threads - Reduce snap sensitivity

2. Reduce sensitivity for click-and-hold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce sensitivity for click-and-hold: I keep accidentally moving things e.g. files when I move my touchpad because I'd held them a moment before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-sensitivity-for-click-and-hold/78abfefa-e367-43f1-9f23-5fcb913125d9
  3. Reduce sensitivity for click-and-hold

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reduce sensitivity for click-and-hold: I keep accidentally moving things e.g. files when I move my touchpad because I'd held them a moment before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-sensitivity-for-click-and-hold/78abfefa-e367-43f1-9f23-5fcb913125d9
  4. Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10Snap with a mouse feature in windows 10 is not working. Does anyone know how to fix it? -multitasking snap in in system settings are...
  5. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  6. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  7. Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sensitivity: I've been using the default windows 10 sensitivity for a while now, but i changed it the other day and i was wondering if there was some way i could make all sensitivity settings to default. Thank you...
  8. Sensitivity

Sensitivity: I've been using the default windows 10 sensitivity for a while now, but i changed it the other day and i was wondering if there was some way i could make all sensitivity settings to default. Thank you...
  9. Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Reduce Sensitivity on Presicion Touchpad gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce Sensitivity on Presicion Touchpad gestures: Three finger slide gesture to change apps is way too sensitive. Have to slowly slide fingers to hit the windows I actually want to open when I have more than 2 windows/apps open, if not it slides all the way to last app in the list. Any way to adjust the sensitivity? Thanks....