Windows 10: Reduced color compatibility mode not working

Discus and support Reduced color compatibility mode not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I enable 'Reduced color compatibilty mode' for an application - Properties... Compatibility... Settings... Reduced color mode... 8-bit 256 color -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard.T.Russell, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Reduced color compatibility mode not working

If I enable 'Reduced color compatibilty mode' for an application - Properties... Compatibility... Settings... Reduced color mode... 8-bit 256 color - it appears to have no effect at all. In previous versions of Windows this would emulate an 8-bit 'paletted' display, that is a display with one byte-per-pixel and a lookup table converting the 8-bit value to 24-bit RGB. Notably, theAnimatePalette API function operates with a display of this sort.

Am I doing something wrong or is this functionality broken in Windows 10?

:)

Richard.T.Russell, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Windows 10 - change from 8-bit to 16-bit

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are trying to run the program in Windows 10 as Reduced color mode from 8-bit to 16-bit, or you are trying to change the video settings within the software itself?

If you are trying to run the software in reduce color mode, you can follow the steps below.

Method 1: Change Reduced color mode through compatibility settings.

1. Right click on the program icon.
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on Compatibility tab.
    4. Check Reduced color mode from the settings.
    5. Change the color mode from
      8-bit color to 16-bit color

Method 2: Edit Video with Roxio.

If you are trying to change the settings within the software, I suggest you refer this article to

edit video with Roxio

If you have any further question regarding the settings on the software, I suggest you get in touch with the
    Roxio Support, for better solution.

Additional information:
    Editing and Enhancing with Roxio

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 1, 2020
  3. How to fix the Lack of color printing at reduced size.

The printer connected to this PC has printed reduced size in color in the past. I recently printed 100+ documents in monotone. Bought all new inks and printed a full size document in color after returning settings on PC and Printer to color. I rechecked
    the seating of the color ink wells and ran a test page. All was well. I then reduced the PIXELS of the reduced photo to print, in case it was just too many pixels. What can be done to help me create this COLOR LOGO that I created. The Title page in full color
    did print. The reduced Logos print in black and white only on this big project. ANY SUGGESTIONS. I may switch printing programs next after I investigate how to move the logo to another program. I HAVE A HEAVY DUTY $700 program unopened somewhere in this house
    filled with furniture from 4 estates. Wish me luck, since I have 2 missing cameras in the stacks of furniture.

Debra Rodgers, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Reduced color compatibility mode not working

Changing Colors

Right-click the program's icon, go to Properties. On the compatibility tab at the top, you'll find "reduce color mode" option where you can set it to 256 colors for that program and allow it to run.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Reduced color compatibility mode not working

1. Reduced color compatibility mode not working - Similar Threads - Reduced color compatibility

2. KB5031356 IE stopped working on compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5031356 IE stopped working on compatibility mode: Hi All,We installed KB5031356 on our test devices and many application which were working on IE compatibility now stopped working. Is there any alternate option ?Regards,Santhosh...
  3. KB5031356 IE stopped working on compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5031356 IE stopped working on compatibility mode: Hi All,We installed KB5031356 on our test devices and many application which were working on IE compatibility now stopped working. Is there any alternate option ?Regards,Santhosh...
  4. KB5031356 IE stopped working on compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. DX9 games not working? Compatibility mode crashes ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DX9 games not working? Compatibility mode crashes ?: I have win10 64bit and I cannot play any dx9 games at all as they either crash or work at extremity low fps. Even compatibility mode makes games like Assassin's Creed 1 dx9 or VTMB just crash at startup instead of working at 12fps or something. Please note that modern games...
  6. compatability mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    compatability mode: I am trying to get Winamp to work but I keep getting a popup thaat says winamp is running in compatability mode. however, when I right click on the winamp icon, select properties, and select the compatability tab the "run in compatability box is not checked". I desperately...
  7. Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatability Mode, why? it never every works.: Hi all, I'm assuming that this discussion has been had on many occasions. But I'm clearly too stupid to find the thread/discussion, maybe a link would help. Anyway, so here goes. What is the point of compatibility mode? Ever since I've used windows, I like everyone on the...
  8. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I keep getting a window popup saying this program started in compatibility mode ...where is it and how do I turn it off? 14680
  9. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: I'm doing some research on an old application that I'm taking care of. As of Windows 8, it works if the Windows compatibility mode is se to "Windows 7" and I confirmed it also works if I set the compatibility mode on Windows 10. That problem I'm facing is that, I need to...
  10. Compatibility mode

Compatibility mode: Hi I have had programs in the past that I love to either use or games to play even some older MS games and they refuse to load on new operating systems. Why is it when I try and run the program in Compatibility mode for say XP it refuses to run the program. I don't...