Windows 10: reducing calculator screen

Discus and support reducing calculator screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My calculator screen takes up every corner! I can't even see the right hand corner that has the prompts, it is very irritating since I have to leave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by firstgibby, Jun 25, 2016.

1. reducing calculator screen

My calculator screen takes up every corner! I can't even see the right hand corner that has the prompts, it is very
    irritating since I have to leave my work to access the calculator (guess I have extra equipment on the desk) Can someone help PLEASE ?
    *Banghead

:)

firstgibby, Jun 25, 2016

2. Cannot resize calculator

Hey there,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

I have just tried with my calculator and it can be shrunk to a reasonable size. Please can you post a screen capture of the Apps size on your device.

How are you reducing its size?

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jun 25, 2016
  3. Cdip Win User
    Function of excel data analysis toolpak

My statistics professor wants us to calculate the Mean and Standard deviation using the data analysis toolpak. Our grade will be reduced if we use other methods to solve the calculations. I cannot figure out how to do this. Do these functions exist in
    the toolpak?

Thank you

4. marsmimar Win User

reducing calculator screen

When you say the calculator takes up every corner, does it look like my screenshot? If yes, can you click on the minimize/maximize icon (middle icon in upper right corner)? Do you see the word "Calculator" in upper left corner? If yes, you could try right-clicking > minimize.

reducing calculator screen [​IMG]

marsmimar, Jun 25, 2016
  5. I can not see the upper right hand corner prompts! and I don't know how to reduce. Left hand corner has 3 horizontal lines, and bond print ​STANDARD

firstgibby, Jun 26, 2016
  6. marsmimar Win User
    See if this helps:

reducing calculator screen [​IMG]

You could also try clicking on "minimize" if "size" is grayed out or otherwise not active.

marsmimar, Jun 26, 2016
  7. marsmimar, I appreciate your efforts to correct this, but it isn't the sides making the screen too big, it's the very top, where "calculator" is in left hand corner, and the three prompts in right hand corner, (where you have the red arrow pointing, I can't see that corner)

OK, here's more... I pushed mouse cursor up to the top, "calculator" is shown, but the right hand corner only has the "close" button, no size adjustment prompt appears, even if I pass the mouse over the area.

firstgibby, Jun 26, 2016
  8. marsmimar Win User

When you type Alt+spacebar do you get the pop up menu? Can you minimize? Can you post screenshot of what the calculator screen looks like? Sorry for my confusion. *Redface

marsmimar, Jun 26, 2016
  9. I can send if you tell me how to obtain the screen shot.... PS I get the pop up menu, but it will not minimize.

firstgibby, Jun 26, 2016
  10. marsmimar Win User
    Just to clarify, you have to hold down the Alt key while clicking the spacebar. That should let you click on "size" which will change the cursor to the 4-pointed compass. Then you should be able to follow the steps in my post # 4 above.

There are several ways to post a screenshot. This tutorial explains how:

Screenshot - Take in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

marsmimar, Jun 27, 2016
  11. Device is not responding to commands marsmimar has instructed to use.... Problem NOT solved by this entity.

firstgibby, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. reducing calculator screen - Similar Threads - reducing calculator screen

2. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  3. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  4. Screen width reduced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen width reduced: After the last update to Windows 10, a downward-facing caret appeared in the taskbar. Clicking on this caused my screen to be reduced by 3/4, losing valuable information from email and web sites. I can't restore the full screen with arrow dragging, and the Get Help site is...
  5. Screen width reduced

Screen width reduced: After the last update to Windows 10, a downward-facing caret appeared in the taskbar. Clicking on this caused my screen to be reduced by 3/4, losing valuable information from email and web sites. I can't restore the full screen with arrow dragging, and the Get Help site is...
  6. Screen width reduced

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. calculator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    calculator: I want this feature back on the calculator, it disappeared, I guess with an update. 15+15-5+2*4 so that it shows a running list of the numbers that I am using. It no longer does that. It only shows the number that I type in and 1 other number. Can this be fixed?...
  8. reducing screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reducing screen: trying to reduce page on screen and it doesn't work. Sending to bottom of laptop works as well as closing page completely. not sure what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reducing-screen/2f02a91c-5a5f-41b2-bae0-d57b0e9dbead
  9. calculator

calculator: What happened to the calculator, it's no longer in the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator/87a62349-dc33-4e10-bbf7-5f7b99701239
  10. reduce display on screen in Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    reduce display on screen in Windows10: how to reduce monitor's display size in Windows10? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-display-on-screen-in-windows10/ee216061-1e7e-4620-bc6b-bd438091e353