Windows 10: Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon

Discus and support Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using the option "Single Click to open an item" option and I notice a delay of half a second between the cursor making contact with the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fillerup, Oct 12, 2015.

1. fillerup Win User

Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon

Hi, I'm using the option "Single Click to open an item" option and I notice a delay of half a second between the cursor making contact with the icon and it being selected. This isn' a huge deal but I would like to lower it if possible. Looked around for something involving regedit to adjust this value but I haven't had much luck so far

Any help will be appreciated

:)

fillerup, Oct 12, 2015
  2. kh456 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar: pinned icons don't highlight on mouseover/hover

My Windows 10 Taskbar has several app icons pinned to it. Each icon correctly opens an app when clicked on, and when an app is open, its Taskbar icon is highlighted and underlined.

However, when the apps are not open and you mouseover/hover over the same pinned Taskbar icons, the highlight has stopped appearing.

Yet if I mouseover/hover over an icon in the Quick Launch toolbar, the icons that appear there do in fact get the highlight--so the problem occurs strictly on the pinned Taskbar icons.

I have Windows 10 installed on two machines. It works fine on the other machine, but not on this one.

This machine also suffered the dreaded (and still-unsolved) Cortana/Start Menu/critical error bug. I fixed that by going back to an earlier restore point before that problem happened. But could this Taskbar hover/highlight bug be related?

Any ideas how to fix it or troubleshoot it?

kh456, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Window "snap" delay on mouse click, Windows 10

There is a delay when clicking the mouse on a window's title bar before registering the click to select it, in order to snap the window to the side. This seems new in Windows 10 as I have not experienced the delay before, and it is irritatingly long (up
    to 1 sec.). Is there a setting somewhere to remove or reduce this delay please?

DonaldCraigie, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon

1. Reducing the mouseover delay when selecting an icon - Similar Threads - Reducing mouseover delay

2. icons delayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons delayed: Hi so when I right click and refresh it takes almost 2 to 3 seconds for icons to re-appear. I tried using run maintenance defragment even SFC and DISM tool I know that 2 to 3 seconds is not that much but my laptop is fairly new and I'm kinda worried. Thanks...
  3. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?: I am looking for a way to reduce the speed of the keyboard. In other words, the goal is intentionally reduce my typing speed. I am naturally a fast typist but due to some medical reasons I need a way slow myself down. It is almost impossible to do consciously (as I will fall...
  4. Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Explorer selects items on mouseover: Hi! Recently I've encountered either a bug or a feature that maybe I accidentally activated. Basically, only on Explorer, when I put the mouse hovering an item, without clicking it selects the item. This has made me encounter many problems when I accidentally "double click"...
  5. How to reduce blue tooth delay?

How to reduce blue tooth delay?: Long irrelevant intro about my personal life My bluetooth earbuds seem to have delay. When people talk during video calls or videos there's a noticeable delay between the audio and their lips. Are there any ways to reduce this? submitted by /u/RexDoloris [link]...
  6. Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?

Is there a way to reduce the delay before this tooltip appears?: submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itpxcm/is_there_a_way_to_reduce_the_delay_before_this/
  7. Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.

Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.: I have this keyboard on the laptop that does not respect selective suspend keeping the cpu at high power usage all the time. I've found a way to force the keyboard to go to sleep when not in use, but when it chooses to go from awake to sleep, it has a half a second or so of...
  8. A 20 second delay to select 'New'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A 20 second delay to select 'New': On my desktop using Windows 10 Education v.1809 After I right-click to ' open context menu', then move my pointer to 'New', there is a 20 second delay to wait until 'Folder' shows in the sub context menu. This is very abnormal and I need help to fix it....
  9. Mouseover/Icon text is suddenly huge!

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouseover/Icon text is suddenly huge!: Hi... I noticed recently that text size of the mouseovers on my system changed to a very large size. I'm not sure if I inadvertently hit a shortcut key or something that did this or not, but I can't seem to find where to adjust this text size. [img] I also noticed...
  10. How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce the startup delay (default is 30 secs): I have been told that Windows sets an overall delay of 30 secs (default) before the startup routine even begins. (I am not talking here of the way to disable or delay the startup of individual startup items.) This overall delay is mainly designed (I am told) to allow users...