Windows 10: Redundancy & Off-prem

Discus and support Redundancy & Off-prem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have spent a great deal of time & effort urging, recommending two things to clients & everyone... Redundancy AND Off-prem. To explain: 1st, a Data,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drew1903, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Redundancy & Off-prem

We have spent a great deal of time & effort urging, recommending two things to clients & everyone... Redundancy AND Off-prem.

To explain:
    1st, a Data, for storage & to keep thing off the OS or System drive
    2nd, external for Sys Image & constant backup
    3rd, an external for additional storage space AND redundancy for the Data drive
    4th, the above is, ALSO, sent to OneDrive.

And going back to Redundancy AND Off-prem...

Hardware fails. Hence the redundancy.
    BUT all the redundancy in the world does not latter IF,
    Keeping things on-prem. ...Makes no sense at all, serves no purpose, is pointless.

Flood, earthquake, fire, hurricane, et al... storing on-prem is why Cloud exists. Because Cloud is safe & secure, whilst on-prem is not.

It should be blatantly obvious, yet, we struggled to have customers accept the facts, the reality & adopt Cloud. In all fairness Cloud use is now huge & growing by the day.

And, btw, the above applies to both Domestic & Enterprise.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Redundancy & Off-prem f3988527-09fc-467e-b20e-35852cc69d47?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Apr 6, 2021
  2. WojtekSzk Win User

Azure AD Banned Password List without On-Prem Agent

Hi All,

I am considering enabling banned password list for our Azure AD in our hybrid environment and want to ask, how doing that will affect our environment if we do not install the on-prem DC agent, as our on-prem does not meet minimum requirements.

Which password resets and changes will be validated through banned password list and which will not?

Will 'noncompliant' passwords synced from on-prem to Azure AD be causing issues?

TIA,

W

WojtekSzk, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Spikivee Win User

Redundancy & Off-prem

Running Windows 7 prem But cant get windows 10 to upgrade

I am running Windows 7 prem.

I must have tried 10 times to get the free upgrade windows 10 (icon still on my taskbar)

It just will not upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!.

• Download follow the onscreen instructions etc /run etc etc
    • My PC turns off .
    • Comes back on `Still as Windows 7 prem .
    • So What do I have to do to get it to upgrade
    Really am getting fed up with it now ...........Why won't it upgrade ??????

I am not a whizz kid so any help /advise could you can give me `Please state in simple terms

Thanks V

Spikivee, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Redundancy & Off-prem

1. Redundancy & Off-prem - Similar Threads - Redundancy Off prem

2. Windows Hello for Business with on-Prem AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello for Business with on-Prem AD: Hi, The issue we have right now is that we are setting up Windows Hello for business in my company but it seems to want to force us to use a microsoft account.The company has currently no plans on going with Azure AD.Also not all our users have a microsoft account since it is...
  3. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating On Prem VM to Azure: Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following isCreate a RAW image from an on-prem VM.Convert the RAW image to VHD.Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.Convert the Disks to managed disks.Mount the OS...
  4. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

Migrating On Prem VM to Azure: Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following isCreate a RAW image from an on-prem VM.Convert the RAW image to VHD.Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.Convert the Disks to managed disks.Mount the OS...
  5. Azure AD Hybrid environment with on prem

Azure AD Hybrid environment with on prem: I have an existing domain in PA but I want to avoid purchasing a lot of equipment to start a domain in MIA. If I were to choose Azure AD instead on purchasing an On-prem and a server license; purchase all the equipment needs for a on-prem setup isn't neccessary, I can create...
  6. Defender ATP for On-Prem Server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender ATP for On-Prem Server: Hi,Our company is conducting a POC for multiple EDR solutions for all endpoints including the On-Prem Windows servers and Linux boxes. There is crystal clear information on how to onboard the endpoints to Microsoft Security Center and what kind of licensing is required. An...
  7. redundant programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    redundant programs: I have a couple of programs on my computer that are exactly the same. will that slow my computer down? does everything go through both programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redundant-programs/67f726c8-518d-4b3a-baf5-ab8b113a5189
  8. On-prem to azure ad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On-prem to azure ad: Hi, We have some customers that wants to take all services to azure. We have sett up ad sync so users are loaded up and computers are azurr ad registered. We are trying to find the best way to automate the transfer for the computers. What is the best approach. The...
  9. Cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cyclic redundancy check: I'm running windows 10 home and I have an external hard drive Toshiba that I can not get it to format ,initialized an unallocated. I do find it in computer management as disk 3 but I can't run chkdsk /f ?drive/. How do I go about fixing this ?...
  10. Redundant Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Redundant Update: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.219.839.0] appears every time I check for updates. I let it install and slam, boom, bowee there it is again next time I check for updates. *Roflmao2 49279