Windows 10: Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback

Discus and support Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a large number of redundant audio drivers for the speakers in my Windows 10 computer Acer Aspire TC-885-ES14. This sometimes makes speaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by e_canuck, Aug 7, 2020.

1. e_canuck Win User

Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback

I have a large number of redundant audio drivers for the speakers in my Windows 10 computer Acer Aspire TC-885-ES14. This sometimes makes speaker access very confusing. For example, using Zoom today for the first time I had no audio and had to cycle through all these devices testing them till one finally produced a test sound from the speakers.

When I try to pick the correct device from the quick sound icon in my System Tray or access it from Control Panel, Sound, I get the same confusing array of multiple, apparently identical drivers. Most often I just switch off my alternative bluetooth headphones and let the system choose the right driver but for programs like Zoom active input seems necessary.

I don't know why all the drivers these are all installed and I'm afraid to uninstall any of them, not knowing what I am doing and not wanting to lose my sound.

Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback f78c21f1-dd15-4e4e-b3c7-f86cdd9f67bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

e_canuck, Aug 7, 2020

2. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

I just built a new rig with a ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard and Win 10 64bit 1903. I downloaded the driver from my motherboard's site (Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8668_UAD_WHQL_DTS) and then ran the powershell script to detect the driver type.

Since I couldn't get more than 1 output, I also tried the latest driver in the 1st post (HDA DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.8716.1).

No matter what is plugged in, I only have 1 playback/output device.

• I plug my speakers into rear panel = audio plays out the speakers and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel = audio plays out my headphones and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)
    • I plug my headphones into front panel and speakers into rear panel = audio plays out of front panel and listed as Speakers (Realtek Audio)

I used to be able to switch between front and rear when both were plugged in. Anyone have any suggestions?

monsterenergy22, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

A possible solution to Bluetooth speaker playback issueRedundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback :) I tried all the steps listed in several posting forums with no success. I finally found a solution after 3 hours of investigating. 1st several forums suggest updating drivers... but do not specify which drivers to update i.e. the Bluetooth device? (eg. bose audio, sony driver for sony Bluetooth headphones etc.), or the windows driver?

*** For me the solution was updating the Bluetooth driver from LENOVO's website (the laptop/computer manufacture's website) once the driver was installed the bluetooth playback through BOSE Bluetooth audio adaptor worked perfectly.

I understand not everyone will have a LENOVO laptop/computer however I think it is worth downloading the latest Bluetooth driver from the device you are streaming from.

Hope this helps!

Bluetooth Dude123, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback

Audio speakers in Windows 10

Hi John,

To answer your question on changing the output device of your computer, follow the steps below:

• On right side of the taskbar, right-click on the speaker icon.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Under Playback tab, select the device that you want to be your audio output.
    • Click Set Default.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback

1. Redundant audio drivers for Win 10 speakers for playback - Similar Threads - Redundant audio drivers

2. no audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio playback: I have no audio playback on websites where something is recorded sometimes by me. I wrote about this some time back but not with this website but something similar and no one was able to help me. I have Chrome. All my drivers are up to date and my microphone works. I have...
  3. no audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    no audio playback: I have no audio playback on websites where something is recorded sometimes by me. I wrote about this some time back but not with this website but something similar and no one was able to help me. I have Chrome. All my drivers are up to date and my microphone works. I have...
  4. Speakers won't show up in playback audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers won't show up in playback audio: Back story , few days ago i bought a new gaming laptop ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LI-HN279T and it was working fine . My brother borrowed it a yesterday and because got a few softwares like ccleaner and tried to update the drivers . When i got...
  5. Audio playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio playback: I have external speakers connected to the mic analog port and all tests work properly. Sound stopped working when connected to a newscast or movie streamed from the web. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-playback/c92e5260-3c25-4e9f-9b6d-474d4bd6b6ac
  6. Playback speaker sound

Playback speaker sound: I have a lenovo laptop, an excellent product. However, I have a very strange problem with audio playback on the speakers, I can hardly hear the playback from Pandora, or other web sites. I've used the troubleshooter, made sure I have the right driver. etc. When I perform...
  7. speakers make popping sound with audio playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers make popping sound with audio playback: Recently I’ve had an audio problem where I press play on a sound iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube the playback stutters and delays for a quick second, a bigboom and click comes from my speakers plugged in Logitech speakers w subwoofer and then the audio plays as normal. I’ve...
  8. audio playback

audio playback: i first noticed no audio on the internet...then I tried windows media player still nothing...I checked my aftermarket speakers, and all seems right...I checked the master volume control ...ok...I checked the volume playback thing...it says the device is working properly...I...
  9. Speakers and audio drivers

Speakers and audio drivers: My speakers were listed as something like Realtek high definition audio, but they seem to have been completely deleted from my device. I already tried everything the dumb virtual assistant had to offer. Is there any way to get my audio back?...
  10. Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict

Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict: Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch. Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have Realtek Audio manager installed. I've had no issues so far, until I recently purchased a headset for gaming. My issue is either...