Windows 10: Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons

Discus and support Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I get rid of the vertical (redundant) sound bar icon from Windows 10 Home without editing the registry? [img] 20857 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tau, Sep 2, 2015.

1. TAU
    Tau Win User

Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons

How do I get rid of the vertical (redundant) sound bar icon from Windows 10 Home without editing the registry?

Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons [​IMG]

:)

2. rumpl14 Win User

Win 10 - Sound Icon Missing in Desktop Mode

The sound is working properly on my PC and I have the latest drivers installed. However, the Sound icon is missing from the task bar notification area when using desktop mode. If I switch to tablet mode, the sound icon displays properly and I can control
    the volume or mute the sound. What must I do to get the Sound icon to display on the task bar notification area when in desktop mode? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

rumpl14, Sep 2, 2015
  3. edwardyh Win User
    Lumia 950 mutes itself at random times.

I have a Lumia 950.

It has been muting itself unpredictably.

On the volume sliding bar, the bell icon has a "no-sign (i.e. circle with a diagonal bar)" but the volume number stays non-zero (full for me) and no notification sounds will be played.

Any helps?

edwardyh, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I'll assume the visuals on your screenshot is from using keyboard controls?

See if your hardware has W10 support. Logitech does:

http://support.logitech.com/software/setpoint

Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 2, 2015
  5. That is definitely multiple programs that cause it. I only get the one on the left on all my computers. Not sure how to get rid of it, since I believe it is Microsoft's. May be easier to focus on the middle one to get rid of, as @Edwin said, possibly keyboard driver

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Redundant Volume Bars / Sound Notification Icons - Similar Threads - Redundant Volume Bars

2. How to set volume for notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set volume for notification sounds: I've set notifications ON for several apps. When one of them issues a notification, the volume is whatever I have the speaker volume set to at that time. For some apps, such as Windows Media Player, I may have the volume set quite loud. That high volume level is what the...
  3. How to set volume for notification sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set volume for notification sounds: I've set notifications ON for several apps. When one of them issues a notification, the volume is whatever I have the speaker volume set to at that time. For some apps, such as Windows Media Player, I may have the volume set quite loud. That high volume level is what the...
  4. SysTray Redundant Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    SysTray Redundant Icons: I get this (attached) when I open the systray using the arrow up. This happens every morning. I then run the mouse cursor over the empty icons and the empty icons disappear. Just wondering why? [img] 174614
  5. Notification Sound Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification Sound Volume: I have the Speaker Volume cranked up high to hear conversations clearly, but this makes the Notification Sounds too High. Is there a way in Windows 10 to keep it high for calls and have a lower volume for Notifications?...
  6. mirrored volume for file redundancy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mirrored volume for file redundancy: I am trying to set up a mirrored volume for file redundancy. Can you use the computers hard drive plus a hard drive or do you need 2 extra hard drives. I have tried unsuccessfully to set up a mirrored drive with 1 extra hard drive. I have followed instructions but cannot get...
  7. Changing sound volume notification

Changing sound volume notification: [ATTACH] Hi, basically whenever I change the sound these boxes come up, the box one never used to. It was always the small box but not the bigger one which says chrome.exe. Its super annoying as the box stays up for ages and you can't see anything behind it. Is there any...
  8. notifications in icon on task bar

notifications in icon on task bar: i accidently stopped notifications from games like ceasars slots showing in the icon on the task bar. how do i get these back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-in-icon-on-task-bar/adef0a98-83a7-4046-a8af-a5b859d19c0e
  9. Sound Volume Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Volume Icon: The sound icon is missing from the taskbar....how do you get it back? 13944
  10. Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!: [img] For the last week or so, I've had this volume bar showing up in the lower center of my monitor. It is sometimes there, sometimes not, and seems quite random. I am unable to move it, hide it or find the source. I was not able to get a picture of it via the computer,...