Windows 10: Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death

Discus and support Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep getting a BSOD, with the stop code Reference by Pointer, I have made sure that all my drivers are up to date, and have followed all the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaskedROGUE93, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death

I keep getting a BSOD, with the stop code Reference by Pointer, I have made sure that all my drivers are up to date, and have followed all the other ideas that have come up online, can someone help me out?

:)

MaskedROGUE93, Sep 18, 2021

2. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death

Blue Screen Of Death problem

Hi Pranav,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it works:

Step 1:

I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if it helps.

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to manually update the
    Display adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If the issue still persists then, I would recommend you to download and install the latest
    Graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer and check with the results.

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ath-bsod/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death

1. Reference by Pointer Blue Screen of Death - Similar Threads - Reference Pointer Blue

2. Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error: Hi all!Recently my laptop has been blue screening several times a day and it's totally unpredictable. I've tried all the home solutions I could find, and nothing really worked but I've read similar posts and have gone through the steps of finding my mini dump files and system...
  3. Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Reference by Pointer Error: Hi all!Recently my laptop has been blue screening several times a day and it's totally unpredictable. I've tried all the home solutions I could find, and nothing really worked but I've read similar posts and have gone through the steps of finding my mini dump files and system...
  4. Blue Screen of Death Reference by Pointer Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death Reference by Pointer Error: Hi all!Recently my laptop has been blue screening several times a day and it's totally unpredictable. I've tried all the home solutions I could find, and nothing really worked but I've read similar posts and have gone through the steps of finding my mini dump files and system...
  5. Reference by pointer

Reference by pointer: hi, my laptop started BSOD every 30-40 minutes. i have run windows update and update my driver and still BSOD and i dont know the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reference-by-pointer/ba9c16ff-b1a8-4676-82a0-be581d02830e
  6. blue screen stop code reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blue screen stop code reference by pointer: I keep seeing blue screen in every 15 to 30 mins. It's brand new laptop and I havent even installed many applications. Tried to reach out Dell customer care and they suggested it must be something to do with windows as there hardware diagnosis looks perfect. Removed the...
  7. Blue Screen of Death Reference By Pointer

Blue Screen of Death Reference By Pointer: Hello,Please help! My laptop crashes and I get this screen approx every 33 minutes. This has been happening since July now and I have made sure my applications are up-to-date, that the system is also updated.What's happening? What can I do to rectify this?Thanks!...
  8. blue screen with the code "reference by pointer"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue screen with the code "reference by pointer": Hello,I got this blue screen every 20 minutes after I open my laptop. This happened after I updated my Nvidia driver yesterday so not quite sure if it's the issue. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!here's my minidump's...
  9. Blue screen of death. Stopcode: reference by pointer

Blue screen of death. Stopcode: reference by pointer: My Dell Laptop keeps getting blue screen error. I don't know what cause this problem. This is link driver dmp file of error : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5V1rcinT1797OaEUU7OPBBnoRStJ1f2/view?usp=sharing I really need some helping.Thank everybody....
  10. REFERENCE BY POINTER BLUE SCREEN ERROR!!

REFERENCE BY POINTER BLUE SCREEN ERROR!!: Hi everbody,As it can be familiar to some of you, I have a really challenging problem with REFERENCE BY POINTER on my PC. No matter what I did, I couldn't solve the problem.I have followed almost every instructions from different sources on my own but still struggling with...