Windows 10: "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

Discus and support "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got this blue sceen "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" when try to turn off my laptop.kd> !analyze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArmmJittayakorn, Sep 15, 2021.

1. "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

I got this blue sceen "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" when try to turn off my laptop.kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose r

:)

ArmmJittayakorn, Sep 15, 2021

2. Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Sep 15, 2021
  3. jcnb007ca Win User
    REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

Hello,

I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be.

I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent crash to my OneDrive and you can access them from the link below.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks!

jcnb007ca, Sep 15, 2021
  4. "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

Windows 10 Pro BSODs REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Dell XPS 9380, Windows 10 Pro x64 b1909.

Over the last few weeks I have encountered occasional BSODs with STOP code 0x00000018 (REFERENCE_BY_POINTER),. Initially these seemed to occur primarily during shutdown, but over the last day or two they have become more frequent and occur at any time. I
    can find no obvious or recurring events in the System or Application logs that precede the BSODs.

I have carried out the following, and will see if any of it helps:

• Updated drivers via Device Manager (graphics, WLAN NIC, Intel Management Engine Interface).
    • Updated drivers via MS Update (Realtek - Extender, Intel System).
    • Ran chkdsk on the C: drive (OK).
    • Ran sfc /scannow - fixes made.
    • Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (OK).
    • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (OK).
    I have collected together a few minidump files and the MSInfo32 data and uploaded them here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvQnXBXmOqXgucvyOaq_n5FghyNbQ?e=MCDu89

Please advise.

fyn- [O365], Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

"REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

1. "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop - Similar Threads - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD turn

2. BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18: I've been getting somewhat frequent BSOD errors over the past week or so and I couldn't figure out how to fix it on my own. Sometimes this error happens within several minutes of closing a video game or sometimes it happens when I haven't even opened a video game that day....
  3. BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18: I've been getting somewhat frequent BSOD errors over the past week or so and I couldn't figure out how to fix it on my own. Sometimes this error happens within several minutes of closing a video game or sometimes it happens when I haven't even opened a video game that day....
  4. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD reference_by_pointer: My Dell XPS 13 9380 has blue screened about 6 times now, i have an exam on wednesday and i really need some help.i have a folder containing the DMP files and MSinfo output.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovuQEIc9cWBz2fMLDDqyd6jlZHu?e=ZQY9VSi think anyone can see that now so also let me...
  5. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD reference_by_pointer: My Dell XPS 13 9380 has blue screened about 6 times now, i have an exam on wednesday and i really need some help.i have a folder containing the DMP files and MSinfo output.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovuQEIc9cWBz2fMLDDqyd6jlZHu?e=ZQY9VSi think anyone can see that now so also let me...
  6. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd laptop monitor turning off when the laptop turns off: So,I have my laptop with a 2nd monitor, is there a way to set my 2nd monitor to turn off or on when the laptop turns off or on,basically, when I start turning on my laptop, my other 2nd monitor stays off, is there a way to make it turn on when I start my laptop, same with the...
  8. BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER": I've been getting some "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when shutting down/restarting the computer, but other times more rarely it happened randomly.I downloaded "Windbg Preview" to analyze the memory dump and this is the result of the analysis:kd> !analyze...
  9. BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, Recently I've been getting quite a lot of bluescreens while playing games and it has become quite a problem for me. Since I'm not really experienced with software issues, I'd like to ask for help with this one. Basically while playing a game it will freeze from time...
  10. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD: Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be. I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent...