Windows 10: "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

Discus and support "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got this blue sceen "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" when try to turn off my laptop.kd> !analyze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArmmJittayakorn, Sep 15, 2021.

1. "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

I got this blue sceen "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" when try to turn off my laptop.kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose r

:)

ArmmJittayakorn, Sep 15, 2021

2. Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Sep 15, 2021
  3. jcnb007ca Win User
    REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

Hello,

I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be.

I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent crash to my OneDrive and you can access them from the link below.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks!

jcnb007ca, Sep 15, 2021
  4. "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

Windows 10 Pro BSODs REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Dell XPS 9380, Windows 10 Pro x64 b1909.

Over the last few weeks I have encountered occasional BSODs with STOP code 0x00000018 (REFERENCE_BY_POINTER),. Initially these seemed to occur primarily during shutdown, but over the last day or two they have become more frequent and occur at any time. I
    can find no obvious or recurring events in the System or Application logs that precede the BSODs.

I have carried out the following, and will see if any of it helps:

• Updated drivers via Device Manager (graphics, WLAN NIC, Intel Management Engine Interface).
    • Updated drivers via MS Update (Realtek - Extender, Intel System).
    • Ran chkdsk on the C: drive (OK).
    • Ran sfc /scannow - fixes made.
    • Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (OK).
    • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (OK).
    I have collected together a few minidump files and the MSInfo32 data and uploaded them here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvQnXBXmOqXgucvyOaq_n5FghyNbQ?e=MCDu89

Please advise.

fyn- [O365], Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

"REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop

1. "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when turn off laptop - Similar Threads - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD turn

2. BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER": I've been getting some "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when shutting down/restarting the computer, but other times more rarely it happened randomly.I downloaded "Windbg Preview" to analyze the memory dump and this is the result of the analysis:kd> !analyze...
  3. BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: About every 30 mins or so, I get the BSOD with the error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER . My drivers appear to be up to date and it gets very annoying when i am working on something and my computer just restarts itself. I am not sure what is causing it, please help....
  4. BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, Recently I've been getting quite a lot of bluescreens while playing games and it has become quite a problem for me. Since I'm not really experienced with software issues, I'd like to ask for help with this one. Basically while playing a game it will freeze from time...
  5. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 News
    Windows laptop turns off when unplugged: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are facing the problem where your Windows 10 laptop turns off when unplugged, even with a new Battery, then this post could be helpful for you. The most obvious reason for a laptop shutting down immediately after unplugging [...] This post Windows...
  7. When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off

When turning on the PC - BSOD Memory Management or turning off: Hello everybody, I`m having a problem for years, but now I can`t take it anymore, because it got worse. In 2015 I bought a new PC with one pair of RAM g.skill ripjaw 2*4gb ram. In 2017 I bought another pair of the same RAM. The problem started around that time. Everytime I...
  8. Laptop turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...
  9. When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen

When booting, get Reference_by_Pointer blue screen: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, RAM 8 GB in a new desktop by Dell. After 3 weeks I am getting a Reference_by_Pointer blue screen when booting. So I can't load the Windows. How this issue could be fixed ?? The Dell's in-built Check & Fix for Windows 10 doesn't find...
  10. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD: Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be. I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent...