Windows 10: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

Discus and support REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jcnb007ca, Jul 30, 2018.

1. jcnb007ca Win User

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

Hello,

I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be.

I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent crash to my OneDrive and you can access them from the link below.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AniMD45c0xuvyS3SrI7mgVdsNDFc

Any help would be most appreciated,

Thanks!

:)

jcnb007ca, Jul 30, 2018

2. Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Jul 30, 2018
  3. auggy Win User
    BSOD Reference_by_pointer 0x00000018 windows 10

Those minidump files were from October so would not likely apply to the current issue.

Have you received more than one of the Reference_by_pointer errors?

auggy, Jul 30, 2018
  4. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

BSOD - Happens only during gaming

I am encountering BSOD whenever i tries to play any game on my computer for >1minute.

The error i encountered was as follow, not limited to:

• BAD_POOL_HEADER
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    • VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
    • REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

My Minidump, MSinfo32 is as linked:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OmgNyA8A2n8UbGMeXF6F_DRVw2uJNWxj?usp=sharing

Im using Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB, i5 6600k and 8gb kingston ddr4 ram. 2 Samsung Evo 256gb SSD and 1 WD Hard Disk.

Please help with the error.

Min Feng Chan, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

1. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD - Similar Threads - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

2. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  3. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  4. How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?: Hi. The model I'm using is HP OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx. It has AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics.Suddenly I've been getting the BSOD in the title. Here is my minidump file:REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference...
  5. How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?

How to fix BSOD showing this error: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 on windows 11?: Hi. The model I'm using is HP OMEN Laptop 15-en0xxx. It has AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics.Suddenly I've been getting the BSOD in the title. Here is my minidump file:REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Object type of the object whose reference...
  6. recurrent Reference_By_Pointer BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recurrent Reference_By_Pointer BSOD: Hi,I'm having recurring BSOD since months, now becoming more frequent. I did not installed new software or hardware in this period. Tried to give a look to minidum files with DbgPreview but I didn't succeed to sort out the problem.So I kindly ask someone to help.Lenovo...
  7. recurrent Reference_By_Pointer BSOD

recurrent Reference_By_Pointer BSOD: Hi,I'm having recurring BSOD since months, now becoming more frequent. I did not installed new software or hardware in this period. Tried to give a look to minidum files with DbgPreview but I didn't succeed to sort out the problem.So I kindly ask someone to help.Lenovo...
  8. recurrent Reference_By_Pointer BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ntoskrnl.exe Dell Vostro 7620 laptop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ntoskrnl.exe Dell Vostro 7620 laptop Windows 11: Hello, A new Dell Vostro 7620 laptop with Windows 11 is giving frequent REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSODs. Had 11 in one day once, and I'm not even using the computer much because of its instability. Windbg Preview on the minidumps shows the crash in ntoskrnl.exe. The call stack...
  10. BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ntoskrnl.exe Dell Vostro 7620 laptop Windows 11

BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ntoskrnl.exe Dell Vostro 7620 laptop Windows 11: Hello, A new Dell Vostro 7620 laptop with Windows 11 is giving frequent REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSODs. Had 11 in one day once, and I'm not even using the computer much because of its instability. Windbg Preview on the minidumps shows the crash in ntoskrnl.exe. The call stack...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reference_by_pointer dell windows 10