Windows 10: References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10

Discus and support References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 8.1 update 2 did exist, at least, internally at Microsoft. As you can see in the image above, there is a clear reference to the unreleased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Oct 3, 2014.

1. A Guy Win User

References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10

Source

A Guy, Oct 3, 2014

2. Well majority of users hate 8 because of missing real Start, so if MS would include it in 8.2, they would have no reason to buy 10. And it is not just about Start, it is also about MS ignoring, what users want.

:)

TairikuOkami, Oct 3, 2014
  3. Error Code Windows 10 Update

I started the update to 10 and got the following error code: C1900101-40019. My limited brain did research and found this code in reference to Windows 8.1, but not 10. Any idea what this code might mean? TIA

rachelscloset, Oct 3, 2014
  4. References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10

Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Oct 3, 2014
  5. After I installed Media Center the watermark changed to Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center Technical Preview Evaluation Build. I've since gone back to 8.1 on that PC so I can't check the wording now. When I first saw it I had to do a double check to make sure I downloaded the correct ISO from MSDN. For a brief instant I wondered it I had some how downloaded one of the old Tech Previews. Then I remembered turning off the Start Menu and that this was Windows 10, not 8.1. It had me really confused for a bit though.

EDIT: you can see the watermark in the screen shot in this post, https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...h-preview.html

alphanumeric, Oct 3, 2014
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Read more...

References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Oct 4, 2014
  7. BRU
    bru Win User
    Hopefully they "deliver" Windows 10 as a free update. It will be a much longer wait than if they had given us Update 2 but I will forgive them (maybe) if Win 10 is free.

8. References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10

I saw that the other night when I was poking around through the registry and Group Policy to see what controls the Search and Task View buttons on the Taskbar and how one could remove them. I figured it was a reference to the August update.... But the GP Policy that this was under is for the enterprise and how deployments can use an exported .xml file that keeps the Start Screen layout intact, at least for the modern apps. I had SUCH a pickle of time with that when I was trying to get Desktop apps and File Explorer tiles to show on the Start Screen because after a DISM deployment, none of the Desktop items were pinned to Start but were kept under All Apps but in the directories for the Start Screen; they had the shortcut links there but the UI wasn't reflecting that. That was uber frustrating, apparently for some reason using a Microsoft Account is what fixed it...

Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10

1. References for Windows 8.1 update 2 found in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - References update found

2. Windows 8 update to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8 update to 10: Can I update Windows 8 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-8-update-to-10/0afecfe1-cac3-42fe-8520-813856a3e928
  3. Diablo 1 and 2 on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diablo 1 and 2 on Windows?: Hey, since I like Diablo 3 very much, I wanted to get the 1st and 2nd part, too, but since the 2 games are very old I want to know before: Do the games (disc version because I want the covers) work on Windows 10? Diablo 1 und 2 auf Windows?
  4. 1 PC 2× Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 PC 2× Windows?: Hey, I have a new PC on which I have reinstalled everything (Windows, new key). Now I want to drag some data from my old Hdd to my new one. My question is what happens when I connect the old harddisk, will there be any problems because Windows is installed on both? 1 PC...
  5. Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.

Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.: I have purchased a laptop with windows 10 home preinstalled, and have been using it since a year. Recently I purchased a new windows 10 enterprise license and received a new product key for it. So the question is if I uninstall my current win 10 home, and install enterprise....
  6. Windows 10 2004 Bug Found #1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 2004 Bug Found #1: I have found an annoying visual glitch in Windows 10 2004: Sometimes when opening the Search dialog A.K.A "Type here to search" bar in the taskbar sometimes goes completely black! I may or may not find more bugs!...
  7. windows 10 2 in 1

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 2 in 1: just got a tablet 2 in 1 it comes on but no window 10 start up asking password but it won't take it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2-in-1/ad8cda56-55a9-4eef-b2fc-361bfabf42dd
  8. 1 retail windows 10 and 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1 retail windows 10 and 2 computers: Title is self explanatory , I would like to know if I can use windows 10 retail version on both pc and laptop at the same time , and what would be the consequences for trying to do this ( sorry for bad english , it aint my native language ) ....
  9. The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display

in Windows 10 News
    The Topjoy Falcon is a 2-in-1 Windows 10 device with 8-inch display: There’s a new tiny computer in the market with 8-inch display. The Topjoy Falcon has just hit crowdfunding and it’s available for $399. Falcon runs Windows 10 and it has an 8-inch size that strikes a balance between performance and portability. The company claims that the...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet

Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet: Hi, I have a Asus 2 in 1 tablet running windows 8.1. I tried to upgrade it via a thumb drive and it keeps on asking me for the product key. The tablet came preinstalled with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 8.1. The product I have accessed in the settings is still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update for windows (kb4483452)