Windows 10: Referral From Server Message Appearing

Discus and support Referral From Server Message Appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10. Every time I turn on my computer, I get a pop-up windows that says, "a referral was returned from the server". Above that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Can-Can10, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Can-Can10 Win User

Referral From Server Message Appearing

I have a Windows 10. Every time I turn on my computer, I get a pop-up windows that says, "a referral was returned from the server". Above that message is a program files, exe link, to my hard drive. I click the "ok" button, and continue on with what I am doing. What is this pop-up window referring to, and is there something I need to do to "fix" this? What file is this window referring to?

:)

Can-Can10, Jun 12, 2019

2. touchmousepointerui.exe is giving me " a referral was returned from the server" Need help...on Win 10

The last three days I get the message on startup that says:

"C:\Program Files\TouchMousePointer\TouchMousePointerUI.exe

A referral was returned from the server"

I googled this but every forum said to go to gpedit.msc or to the Group Policy Editor. I tried to follow all of these but I get a message that there gpedit was not found and I cannot get to the Group Policy Editor.

I am on Windows 10.

Can anyone lead me to a step by step (for dummies -ME) on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for any help with this/

MichaelSheeler, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Scanned files appear on server

Hi,

I realize that scanned files do not appear on the client computer instantly even though they appear on the server. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer the question to get more clarity on this issue:

• Is the server PC and this computer on a Domain Network?

If the computer is part of a Domain Network, then suggest you to post this question in the TechNet Forum

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 12, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Referral From Server Message Appearing - Similar Threads - Referral Server Message

2. OneDrive Referral not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Referral not working: I wanted to refer my friend to OneDrive but the link didn't generate for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-referral-not-working/3abcfe99-6cba-4db1-b7a6-f93e16a7976c
  3. OneDrive Referral not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Referral not working: I wanted to refer my friend to OneDrive but the link didn't generate for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-referral-not-working/3abcfe99-6cba-4db1-b7a6-f93e16a7976c
  4. BingX Referral Code Is: VTGEZJ Best BingX Referral Code 2024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BingX Referral Code Is: VTGEZJ Best BingX Referral Code 2024: VTGEZJ 15.000$ + 10% de réduction - Referral code BingXBingX code parrainage. VTGEZJ. BingX, anciennement connu sous le nom de Bingbon, est un trading social crypto exchange à partir de 2018 qui vous permet de ...BingX Referral Code 2024: Use "VTGEZJ" to get $5000 ...The...
  5. BingX Referral Code Is: VTGEZJ Best BingX Referral Code 2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BingX Referral Code Is: VTGEZJ Best BingX Referral Code 2024: VTGEZJ 15.000$ + 10% de réduction - Referral code BingXBingX code parrainage. VTGEZJ. BingX, anciennement connu sous le nom de Bingbon, est un trading social crypto exchange à partir de 2018 qui vous permet de ...BingX Referral Code 2024: Use "VTGEZJ" to get $5000 ...The...
  6. Server Busy message appears on startup Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server Busy message appears on startup Windows 10: Server Busy message appears on startup Windows 10 comes up every time I'm nearly sure on startup "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem" I have to select either "Switch To"...
  7. ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server

in Windows 10 News
    ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server: [ATTACH]If you cannot install software and receive an error message every time you do […] This article ShellExecuteEx Failed; code error 8235. A referral was returned from the server first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. cannot verify server identity message appearing on iphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot verify server identity message appearing on iphone: eas.outlook.com is mentioned on one error message and outlook.office365.com on latest one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-verify-server-identity-message-appearing-on/ff520e2c-0e97-4a3c-a12b-f80e157ff63b
  9. QUCK ASSIST not starting 'A referral was returned from the server'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    QUCK ASSIST not starting 'A referral was returned from the server': My Quick assist is visible in startup. I have run the CDM scf etc no mention of a problem on Quick Assist in the log Done the regedit the settings were already set to 0 Does anyone have any solutions / Ideas? Thanks...
  10. appearance of message

in Windows 10 Customization
    appearance of message: How do I change how the cursor appears in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/appearance-of-message/2ff5e602-e258-4434-bddf-2c3f7dfcef1c