Windows 10: rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

Discus and support rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hannele2, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10?
    Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact the Windows 10. I want to choose from the rEFInd menu at bootup.
    Any idea how to achieve this?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 18, 2016
  2. 44ron Win User

new update new fail (KB3097617) and (KB3093266)and(KB3105210) ***solution***

Hi, can you please help me out? I wanted to get into Linux, so I installed Kali in dualboot with win10 some weeks ago. And now this update keeps failing. Can you tell me how to set the boot flag, because I'm a real n00b to Linux rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux :D

Thanks in advance: Aaron

44ron, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Bluetooth and dualboot with Linux

I have a common web-developer setup: dualboot of Linux (Arch) for work and Windows for entertainment. And I have bluetooth headphones (Sennheiser HD1 Wireless), that can bee connected to two devices. But there is a problem.

If I pair my headphones on windows, they are not recognized anymore on the linux. If I "unpair" them on linux and reboot into windows, it's not being recognize on windows anymore (so I have to unpair again and re-find the device again). I have been doing
    that for 6 months and it has become .. emm ... mildly infuriating.

It feels like I have each OS using the same bluetooth "device id" but using a different "secret" for connection.

So, I have to options:

• change the device ID in one operating system (same way as MAC addresses for network adapters)
    • make sure that both OSes use the same "secret"
    Is one of these options available on Windows (what I have a legal 10 Home version ... or non-professional version)? Or should I try to fix this on the Linux side? Are there any tutorials for this you can link me to? Or some google keywords?

Buying second pair of headphones is NOT a good option.

Mārtiņš Tereško, Jul 18, 2016
  4. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

manish9009, Jul 19, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Yeah well it seems like updates the bootloader to realise it has two different instances of Windows running. So you boot to "Windows" and then you get to choose Windows 8 or Windows 10. I had it recognising different installations on rEFInds actual screen previously but if I muck around with it any more now, I'll probably break it. It can recognise Windows, Linux and Mac - which is what I wanted.

Hannele2, Jul 29, 2016
  6. Hannele2 Win User
    The solution to this is to get a tool called EasyUEFI and then Visual BCD.
    In EasyUEFI you create a new Boot entry called Refind. Point it to the main .efi file that comes with Refind (inside the refind directory). Push it to the top of the boot device liest.

Hannele2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

1. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux - Similar Threads - rEFInd dualboot Win8

2. Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux: I was trying to install Linux mint I put my hdd as my efi system partition and formatted it to ext4 it says my files are there but I can't click on it says no access formatting it back doesn't work either and it's still nuts please help...
  3. Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted drive while trying to dualboot linux: I was trying to install Linux mint I put my hdd as my efi system partition and formatted it to ext4 it says my files are there but I can't click on it says no access formatting it back doesn't work either and it's still nuts please help...
  4. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  5. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  6. How to dualboot WIndows 10 with Linux mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dualboot WIndows 10 with Linux mint: Hello, I wanted to know how do I dualboot Windows 10 with Linux mint, I have been extremely dissatisfied with Windows 10, I am dual booting to try Linux mint if it is easy for me I will replace Windows 10 with it...
  7. Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dualboot Windows10 and Linux Mint.: I am kinda stuck here.I installed windows10on an old dell desktop.Also decided to dualboot with Linux Mint so I could play around.Anyway,my grandson would like the computer so I deleted the linux partition.Now when I boot up or restart is shows GNU GRUB 2.4 and then a...
  8. Dualboot, linux won't start. What to do?

Dualboot, linux won't start. What to do?: hey-ho i have a dualboot with windows and linux for quite a long time now more exactly was the Ubuntu i thought the 18.04 or the 20.04 i can't say exactly because of the error Anyway, yesterday it was still working, I used my laptop to work and now this morning after the...
  9. Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?

Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?: How do I set up the function described in the title? Windows 10 installed Linux mint cinnamon installed Restart leads directly to windows lock screen Linux mint Windows 10 dualboot?
  10. Upgrade to Win10 with a DualBoot

Upgrade to Win10 with a DualBoot: Hi, I currently have a dualboot on my PC Win8.1 and Ubuntu and I would like to force the upgrade to Win10 with the MediaCreationTool. I'm wondering if my dualboot will create some problems or if the MediaCreationTool will recognise my Win8.1 partition and just upgrade...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. refind mac win10 usb