Windows 10: Reflect backup error...

Discus and support Reflect backup error... in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a system with W10 2004 (19041.450), with two M.2 NVMe and one SSD drives; the three drives scheduled for full image on a daily basis. Reflect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cr00zng, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Reflect backup error...

I have a system with W10 2004 (19041.450), with two M.2 NVMe and one SSD drives; the three drives scheduled for full image on a daily basis. Reflect periodically throws up this error:

Reflect backup error... [​IMG]

Periodic, as in maybe once, or twice in a month one of the drives backup fails with this error. When it does, the system does not shutdown; Reflect also prevent to shut the system down manually.

After shutting of the system via the power switch and restarting, manually initiating missing Reflect image backup completes without issues. The schedule then works just fine for two to four weeks, with no errors. Rinse and repeat afterwards...

If "chkdsk" is performed for the external USB 3.0 2TB drive, run "sfc" and DISM for Windows, etc., does not seem to matter. The error returns like clockwork. For that matter, if none of these are performed, the error returns on the same schedule.

It's not a major issue, but should be remediated before it gets out of hand. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Sep 2, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Reflect backup error... [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Get Backup Errors - Third Try Didn't Work

This is my third try for help.

I've enclosed my problem, the steps suggested which I performed, and current status.

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

You had this question

• Reflect backup error... [​IMG]

DM

Divya M replied on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Method 1Perform a Clean Boot to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step 7 from the link to return the computer toNormal startup mode.

Method 2: Run check disk to check for any errors.

Note: If any bad sectors are found in the hard drive then it might try to repair that particular sector. If you have any data on that, it might be lost.

You may also follow the below link and check if it helps:

Windows Insider Program

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------

Yes, I need more assistance.

I ran a disk check on both the source and destination drives for the backup. No errors.

I executed a clean boot. (I have left myself in the clean boot). It doesn't seem to work

I'm not sure to check whether it has worked, and I just couldn't tell. How do I confirm that the initial, image, backup has been completed?

The event viewer reports this error every time I attempt to manually initiate a backup:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 201.

I'm assuming that with this error, my backups are not being done.

Bokenzhe, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Reflect backup error...

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Reflect backup error...

1. Reflect backup error... - Similar Threads - Reflect backup error

2. Backup not reflecting changes in folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup not reflecting changes in folders: I have transferred a large number of files between different folders (from DropBox to OneDrive). I have then backed up my whole computer to an external harddrive. But when I check the backup it does not register the change to file locations. Dropbox folder is still full of...
  3. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  4. Macrium Reflect backup restore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect backup restore?: I have 3 PC's, One desktop and two laptops running latest 1903 versions of W10. I have used Macrium Reflect on my desktop for over a year and have a usb stick with the restore backup program, I have used it once and it worked flawlessly: What I need to know is will this...
  5. Unaddressed error in Macrium Reflect Free causing backup aborted

Unaddressed error in Macrium Reflect Free causing backup aborted: I have the latest version of Macrium Reflect Free and have used it successfully create Full and Differential backups but i removed the external usb hdd to do a backup on another pc recently and when the scheduled backup tried to run it had no destination drive to use so I...
  6. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  7. Reflect backup performance...

Reflect backup performance...: This one puzzles me... The PC has two Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 drives, one is for the system and the other for data. Reflect scheduled to create a full image on the daily basis with default compression and encrypted with the same password. The backup device is...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: How to: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect How to Create and Restore a System Image Backup with Macrium Reflect [img] Information To begin I quote myself from the Macrium viBoot tutorial: I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium...