Windows 10: Reflect Free incorrect screen

Discus and support Reflect Free incorrect screen in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Machine--Lenovo T61 Windows 10 Source: SSD Destination: Mechanical drive removed from wife's Dell, now used as an external backup storage device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by markg2, Jul 26, 2017.

1. markg2 Win User

Reflect Free incorrect screen

Machine--Lenovo T61
    Windows 10
    Source: SSD
    Destination: Mechanical drive removed from wife's Dell, now used as an external backup storage device.

For the initial T61 image I used the external drive as it was configured when in the Delll as the single drive--note partitions.

Reflect Free incorrect screen [​IMG]

After the initial image I realized how chopped up her drive was with partitions.
    I ran a complete NTFS format on the drive.
    I then did a second image of the drive (now first since I formatted the first)
    Here's the view upon completion

Reflect now properly shows the destination as a single partition.

However, when you open the xml file to edit or start another image, the drive's partitions are the same as my first inline image and still shows all the partitions that were removed by formatting.

Is this a bug or is the destination image static with the initial definition?

Mark

:)

markg2, Jul 26, 2017

2. Welcome screen shows "Username or password is incorrect"

Whenever I start my Surface Pro 4, it reflects the error screen as"Username or password is incorrect". I need to click on the only option which says "OK" and sends me to windows spotlight lock screen to sign in.

DhruvAgnihotri, Jul 26, 2017
  3. Can i upgrade win 7 home to win 10 PRO with the media creation tool now that the november update is out?

thanks for the response. After making the media creation tool ...the finish screen says I will need a win 10 product key to change editions. Is this now incorrect and not updated to reflect the November update changes for win 10 upgrade?

RedStarSQD, Jul 26, 2017
  4. Reflect Free incorrect screen

Before you formatted the target drive, did you delete the partitions ie: all of them ?

storageman, Jul 26, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    NTFS format only formats logged in drive - it does not remove hidden partitions. You should use diskpart clean command to wipe drive.

cereberus, Jul 26, 2017
  6. Phone Man Win User
    I believe the xml file is a record of the previous image process and is used as a shortcut and is showing the previous information. Set up a new image process and save that to a new xml file.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 26, 2017
  7. markg2 Win User
    I didn't realize the limitation of format.

I've read the command line parameters but I'm not sure I've got it right. Intention--clear all, end up with one large space.

From an elevated command line:

Run from active drive C: on target drive D:

syntax:

c: dispart D: clean [all]

?

Alternatively, could I use the following Crap Cleaner screen?

markg2, Jul 27, 2017
  8. EdTittel Win User

To change disk partitions you need to use a tool like diskpart at the command line or the free and excellent third party program MiniTool Partition Wizard Free. Then you need to delete all the partitions you don't want, and expand the ones you do want to suck up the newly-freed-up space. Alternatively, you can use diskpart clean to remove all drive partitions, then use diskmgmt.msc to create a new, single, volume with all available disk space in a single partition.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 4, 2017
  9. markg2 Win User
    Thanks, I did end up using the MiniTool Partition Wizard but appreciate the information on the other method.

markg2, Aug 4, 2017
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Glad it helped. MTPW is a great tool: I use it all the time on my many and various PCs.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reflect Free incorrect screen - Similar Threads - Reflect Free incorrect

2. Macrium Reflect Free Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free Questions: Recent experience has me thinking of everything that I can possibly do to maintain this system. I do run a batch file backup routine several times a day copying current data to a WD Elements external drive, so I'm covered with having current backups of that. First question:...
  3. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  4. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. New Reflect Free v7?

New Reflect Free v7?: I thought Reflect Free v7 was due to be released before now. What's happened? 90710
  8. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310