Windows 10: Reflect rescue CD won't boot

Discus and support Reflect rescue CD won't boot in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Yesterday, I used Macrium 7 to make the CD, with all defaults. I didn't touch the computer while it was burning. When it had stopped burning, I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bob1212, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Bob1212 Win User

Reflect rescue CD won't boot

Yesterday, I used Macrium 7 to make the CD, with all defaults. I didn't touch the computer while it was burning. When it had stopped burning, I looked at it with Explorer and saw that under "Files ready to be written..." there was desktop.ini (which is still there since yesterday).

Presumably, it was too late anyway since you can't add any more files to a finished CD.

This seems to say it's irrelevant:
    dvd burning - Why is desktop.ini "Ready to Be Written to the Disc" of any CD or DVD inserted under Windows 7? - Super User

D:\EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi is present, which AFAIK is the essential file.

The behavior: Today, I set boot order to start with the CD. It made the CD noises, but instead of booting from the CD, I saw the "press any key to boot from CD" prompt. I did press a key, the CD went into full spinup but never booted. My Lenovo L340 then went into a normal Windows 10 bootup.

[I don't have a lot of spare CDs left, so I dont'l want to go into full trial-and-error mode.]

:)

Bob1212, Mar 25, 2021

2. best rescue cd

what is hte best rescue cd ‎
    i mean the cd of strong anti-virus for computer boot
    ‎(windows xp + win 7)‎

ahmad ashraf, Mar 25, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Reflect rescue CD won't boot

My CD ROM can´t read any CDs or DVDs

I wanted to use my CD ROM after a long time, and then after many attempts with other CDs/DVDs, all I can say is that my CD ROM won´t read anything.

I tried solutions online, like using regedit and search for UpperFilters and LowerFilters, but I don´t have them, but it still won´t read anything. I have Windows 7 Home Premium, can anyone help me?

Catalin Constantin, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Reflect rescue CD won't boot

1. Reflect rescue CD won't boot - Similar Threads - Reflect rescue won't

2. Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to boot rescue from CD/DVD: I'm using Win 10 x 64 pro, version 10.0.19041 Build 19041, refurbished HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF. Created rescue disc ( v. RE) with MR free 7.2, then how do I boot with it when the Legacy Boot version doesn't respond in the Boot options? Thank you for ideas. barsim 164637
  3. Macrium Reflect /rescue media

Macrium Reflect /rescue media: Hi, Do I have to create a new rescue media (USB) for every Windows 10 machines I have, or is the first I created valid for all the others? 112784
  4. Macrium Reflect Free 7 64-bit rescue USB drive won't boot

Macrium Reflect Free 7 64-bit rescue USB drive won't boot: I have an old Thinkpad SL510. I did a clean install of Windows 10 on it. I installed Macrium Reflect 7 Free and did a image backup. I also created a rescue USB drive. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to boot into this 64-bit USB rescue drive. I had created a...
  5. Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10

Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD compatiblity with Windows 10: Hi all, I'm getting a new laptop (Win 10) in a few days and I want to make a Macrium Reflect Image of its system before I install ANY software. I have an old Macrium Reflect 5.3 (WinPE 3.1) Rescue CD that was made on a Windows Vista PC. Does anyone know if I could use...
  6. Macrium reflect rescue usb problem

Macrium reflect rescue usb problem: Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device is my pen drive. 28084
  7. Reflect Rescue Media USB Not Booting

Reflect Rescue Media USB Not Booting: Made Reflect (free) USB rescue Media as per the instructions. Process finished successfully. USB plugged into a USB slot on the back of the machine. My computer MoBo Asus M4A88T-M (purchased 2011), non UEFI. BIOS set to "removable media" 1st choice boot and HDD 2nd choice....
  8. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi, I recently created a rescue media as I wanted to backup Windows 10 Fall creators update. After creating the rescue media to pen drive i backed up the partion of windows drive. What I noticed later that all my internal drives are now are removable or ejectable....
  9. Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: Hi i have a desktop PC with Windows 10 home. i have created the Macrium Reflect rescue media on USB. ( I have used it to restore images and works fine ). i have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 Pro, i have created an image of the disc using Macrium Reflect and saved it...
  10. Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media

Can't Boot to Macrium Reflect Rescue Media: I installed Macrium Reflect so that I could create rescue media and disk images. My computer will not boot from the rescue media that I created. The creation seemed to go fine, all the appropriate files seem to be there. The rescue USB shows up in my bios boot list third...