Windows 10: Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it

Discus and support Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My husband has a computer that is currently running Ubuntu and wants to change back to Windows 10. Can he safely reformat the hard drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheresaNewland, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it

Hello,

My husband has a computer that is currently running Ubuntu and wants to change back to Windows 10. Can he safely reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 afterwards or will he need a new hard drive?

Thanks for your time,

Theresa

:)

TheresaNewland, Mar 20, 2021
  2. little cat, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Dandel Win User
    can you use ubuntu without a hard drive?

I don't recommend running off of usb, however i do suggest getting a small hard drive for that laptop as cheap as you can get ( about 8b should do the trick nicely), and run ubuntu on that.

Dandel, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Dandel Win User

Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it

can you use ubuntu without a hard drive?

you can also run ubuntu off of a USB thumb drive, however i'd suggest picking up a small hard drive that is about 20gb... anyways more information that you'd want to read about this is on the ubuntu wiki page here. ( includes information on how to create your own custom liveCD disks.

Dandel, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it

1. Reformat a hard drive after Ubuntu was installed on it - Similar Threads - Reformat hard drive

2. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently reformatted hard drive: How can I re-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-reformatted-hard-drive/6ec8bc4d-6d70-43e8-8689-d1688888aa80
  3. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently reformatted hard drive: How can I re-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-reformatted-hard-drive/6ec8bc4d-6d70-43e8-8689-d1688888aa80
  4. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reformatting A Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reformatting A Hard Drive: I have an issue with a hard driveIt needs do be reformatted buy its on read only but but I cant set it to read only thehard drive was used so i tried to change the setting of security. It greyed out...
  6. Reformatting Hard Drive and Re-installing Windows 10

Reformatting Hard Drive and Re-installing Windows 10: My system was running really slow and I figured I had some spyware or malware dragging it. I reinstalled Windows 10 using the option to delete all files. After the re44install I'm having the same problem. On previous systems I have deleted the C: partition in DOS, then...
  7. Hard drive partitions and Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions and Ubuntu: This one is a long one. So, The first OS I had installed on my 1 TB HDD was Ubuntu Linux, and I soon halved the drive to install Windows 10 on the other half. My hard drive reports as GPT, as a Linux installation should; however, the GRUB menu has gone missing I forgot how in...
  8. reformatting my hard drive

reformatting my hard drive: Previous old answers to this question did not answer how to format and wipe a hard drive in order to completely reload a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformatting-my-hard-drive/92a215f1-7444-4a89-bca4-e11b8146e1b8
  9. Reformatting Hard Drives.

Reformatting Hard Drives.: I am in the process of backing up my entire PC to an external hard drive including a system image. After backing up I want to reformat my existing internal hard drive that contains the windows 10 operating system. My question is: Can I reinstall windows 10 after I have...
  10. Need Hard Drive reformatting help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Hard Drive reformatting help: Hello everyone, I have got a external hard drive that was used for extra storage with a Dish DVR. We now want to format it for use on windows now. I been doing some research on it and everything so far I tried, didnt work. I have tried using Western Digitals Tool to do...