Windows 10: ReFormat and New Windows 10

Discus and support ReFormat and New Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was initially released and Microsoft was offering free upgrades from previous editions of Windows. I have reformatted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robs179, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Robs179 Win User

ReFormat and New Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was initially released and Microsoft was offering free upgrades from previous editions of Windows. I have reformatted a few times since then and never had any problems. Recently I have been upgrading different components of my computer including the GPU, CPU, Motherboard, and hard drive. After making those upgrades I reformatted my computer again, using a USB stick with Windows 10 boot files. Now Windows 10 is telling me that I need to activate Windows and that I need to purchase a new product key. Is there any way to activate Windows 10 using my old product key now that I have reformatted? I did not save the old product key.

:)

Robs179, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2019
  3. New CPU + New Mobo = Reformat?

Yea, to get the full potential of your new hardware, I would reformat and reinstall like everyone has suggested. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Mar 1, 2019
  4. ReFormat and New Windows 10

Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

ReFormat and New Windows 10

1. ReFormat and New Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ReFormat

2. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  3. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  4. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  5. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  6. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...: I had a pair of 2TB HDDs that were a Storage Space pool. Recently, I replaced those two HDDs with a single 4TB SSD, removing them from my computer. My original plan was to reformat them and use them as external storage. I did not know that it would be important to remove them...
  8. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...: I had a pair of 2TB HDDs that were a Storage Space pool. Recently, I replaced those two HDDs with a single 4TB SSD, removing them from my computer. My original plan was to reformat them and use them as external storage. I did not know that it would be important to remove them...
  9. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one: Hello,I have transfered my Windows 10 OS from an HDD to SSD. Probably worth mentioning that I used minitool shadowmaker backup and recovery to do this. The system works just fine when I unplug the old drive, system boots from new SSD. Issue is when I insert old HDD, then it...