Windows 10: Reformat and Reinstall Windows 10 Pro - DELL Installation Media

Discus and support Reformat and Reinstall Windows 10 Pro - DELL Installation Media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, We've recently started to dabble with Windows 10 Pro in preparation to deploy to our environement which is currently Windows 7. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dtcullum, Feb 6, 2017.

1. dtcullum Win User

Reformat and Reinstall Windows 10 Pro - DELL Installation Media

Hi Guys,

We've recently started to dabble with Windows 10 Pro in preparation to deploy to our environement which is currently Windows 7.

I'm struggling at the first step though. Traditionally, whenever we receive new kit we wipe the preinstalled Dell OEM Windows OS and reinstall with the Dell Windows media shipped with the computer. This is usually simple to do, the partition gets wiped and Windows is installed (after following the usual 'language' and 'keyboard' settings).

However, Windows 10 (along with UEFI) isn't as simple, as it allows a refresh and some other options which don't fully wipe the drive down.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to how to go about a FULL wipe down of the drive, to start from scratch with the Dell Windows 10 disc I have (no drivers, no additional software, I just want it to be vanilla Windows 10 for Dell install).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

dtcullum, Feb 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 updates fails

Hello Gerry,

before I start this process, will I have to reinstall everything on my PC. Is this the equivalent of a reformat ?

I installed Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool.

YvesMarcotte, Feb 6, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    windows 10 pro

If you do not have Windows 10 Installation Media Click HERE to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download
    Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (select Create Installation Media for another PC), create Installation media on either a Flash Drive (min 4GB) or DVD

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media (on a Dell press F12 key a few times just as the Dell logo appears)

During the installation process choose Windows 10 Pro - the installation will contain Home, Home SL and Pro versions.

Also during the installation, if you previously had Windows 10 Pro installed on that system, skip the steps to enter a product Key

If you previously had Windows 10 Pro installed and activated on that PC during the installation process select 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft
    Servers

Otherwise you will have to purchase a Windows 10 Pro Licence

DaveM121, Feb 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Reformat and Reinstall Windows 10 Pro - DELL Installation Media - Similar Threads - Reformat Reinstall Pro

2. Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.: After a hardware failure I did a complete reinstall of the system. No backup was available. Now Media Center will not Activate and Playready will not update.. 8.1 support ended, but I need t return to functionality....
  3. How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Install Windows 10 When Reformat Surface Pro: Hi, I would like to know if there's anyway to reinstall the Windows 10 when I reformat my Surface Pro. This Surface Pro is a replacement set from Microsoft. I don't have any activation keys. Thank you....
  4. Windows 10 Pro Installation Media

Windows 10 Pro Installation Media: I downloaded the media creation tool from the Microsoft website. i checked and saw that there was no option for a pro installation media. I have a windows 10 pro license linked to my Microsoft account but I don't have a product key. Will windows 10 activate to windows pro or...
  5. Surface Pro 4 - reformat to reinstall lost by Windows 10 key

Surface Pro 4 - reformat to reinstall lost by Windows 10 key: Hi, I have a Surface Pro 4, and I had an issue with the OS. Then I was block by my bitlocker, and without to much think, reformat to reinstall, thinking that I won't have any problem. I notice after installation that these is a problem, my windows 10 is not activated. So I...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Installation Media

Windows 10 Pro Installation Media: I recently purchased an OptiPlex 3070 tower that came with Windows 10 Pro. Last week, I had to reinstall the OS. However, when doing so, I forgot to update my flash drive that had Windows 10 installation media on it. Now, my new tower has Version 1903 on it. How can I...
  7. Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: In order to get the MS Edge browser back with the top sites links will I have to do a total reformat & then install a new copy of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit? 134004
  8. Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Reformat & reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: In order to get the MS Edge browser back with the top sites links will I have to do a total reformat & then install a new copy of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit? 134004
  9. reformat dell computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reformat dell computer: My cd rom won't play a cd or dvd how can I fix it I have already put in a new cd player in it won't play either do I need to reformat the computer I have xp and how do I reformat it without the cd?...
  10. Reformatting upgraded Windows 10 Pro

Reformatting upgraded Windows 10 Pro: If I were to reformat a Windows 10 Pro, which is upgraded from a Windows 10 Home (provided by manufacturer) through Windows Store, will it return back to Windows 10 Home? Or will it stay on Windows 10 Pro? 50687

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I have dell computer windows 10 and I want to reformat

2. reformat dell computer windows 10