Windows 10: Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

Discus and support Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 10. My laptop came with Win 7 and I did the upgrade to Win 10 some time ago but I do not have a product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrendanBonnar, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 10.

My laptop came with Win 7 and I did the upgrade to Win 10 some time ago but I do not have a product key or an installation disk.

As I'm purchasing a new laptop I want to pass my old machine on but want to clean it up before I do.

Would like to reformat the HDD and reinstall Win 10.

Any advice on how to do this?

:)

BrendanBonnar, Mar 16, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Mar 16, 2019
  3. kajson Win User
    Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10 ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

reformat hdd

I am trying to reformat an old dell ispirion 5100 pata hdd with w7 from a new hp laptop using a usb adapter for the hdd. I can boot the hp to the w7 startup menu, but it doesn't give me the option of choosing the hdd connected with the usb adapter, it
    only lists the partitions on the hp internal hdd. Can I format this hdd with the hp computer using a usb adapter? The dvd I am using is an oem version that comes with its own product key that I purchased from eBay.

MarkFuller2, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

1. Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10 - Similar Threads - Reformat HDD clean

2. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  3. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  4. What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What drivers to install after clean install/reformat?: Just did a fresh install for my win 10, but abit clueless on the Drivers I need to install. I read from somewhere that Windows Update will just do all the work for u. And from another forum, I read that u have to install manually like the chipset Drivers. BUT IS THE CHIPSET...
  5. Clean install win 10

Clean install win 10: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  6. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  7. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  8. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  9. Reformat win 10

Reformat win 10: Hello all, Can someone instruct me the correct way to reformat windows 10 home. I want reformat to where everything is erased and back to factory condition (like new). I assume when this done that win 10 will reinstall itself and any programs, etc that came with the Pc...
  10. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reformat toshiba satellite with 4 partitions for a new installation

2. laptop came with win 8 and updated to win 10 how can you reformat hdd and not have win 10 cd

3. get a hdd reformat for windows10

4. reformat hdd for clean install,
  5. reformat hard drive and clean instal win10