Windows 10: Reformat my Laptop

Discus and support Reformat my Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I reformat my laptop completely erasing all data, will I lose Windows 10? When I first bought my laptop it already had Windows 10. Will I lose it if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlainVEM, Aug 11, 2020.

1. AlainVEM Win User

Reformat my Laptop

If I reformat my laptop completely erasing all data, will I lose Windows 10? When I first bought my laptop it already had Windows 10. Will I lose it if I reformat my laptop? Thank you.

:)

AlainVEM, Aug 11, 2020
  2. jaypels Win User

Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

Is there a way to know what my license number is? Laptop is not with me at the moment so I could not check it. I believe it still has the sticker where the license is printed at. Does it retain the old license or a new one is made when I upgraded to Win10?

Second question, what would be the best step in reformatting the laptop? Is there an option in Win10 where it would reformat and come back immediately to Win10?

jaypels, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Reformat my Laptop

Reformatting Laptop

I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if
    windows 10 is the default OS or it was installed by the store.

The main reason why i'm reformatting my laptop is because of USB mass storage driver is faulty and no update or installation is fixing it, i even contacted microsoft agents and ASUS agents (my laptop is ASUS x507ubr) and tried all the things they said from
    system recovery upto downloading manually of specific drivers. Finally i decided to take it into the local ASUS store so that they could take a look and they said the only way is reformatting a laptop. They suggested that if i know how to do it i should do
    it so i wont take extra charges. Hence my question above.

Regi Manuel, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Reformat my Laptop

1. Reformat my Laptop - Similar Threads - Reformat Laptop

2. I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...: I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop and I'm wondering how I can reinstall the genuine Windows 10 since I don't have the authentication key....
  3. I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...: I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop and I'm wondering how I can reinstall the genuine Windows 10 since I don't have the authentication key....
  4. I bought my laptop that came with genuine Windows 10 OS. I now want to reformat my laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop got a drive error but even if I reformatted it, it would just load back to the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop got a drive error but even if I reformatted it, it would just load back to the...: I have this problem since November 6 of the afternoon. I was downloading an update for an app but it got interrupted halfway but retrying it worked and verifying the files didn't have any problems. But the problem occured once I opened the laptop again and opened that said...
  6. My laptop got a drive error but even if I reformatted it, it would just load back to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop got a drive error but even if I reformatted it, it would just load back to the...: I have this problem since November 6 of the afternoon. I was downloading an update for an app but it got interrupted halfway but retrying it worked and verifying the files didn't have any problems. But the problem occured once I opened the laptop again and opened that said...
  7. My laptop got a drive error but even if I reformatted it, it would just load back to the...

8. HELP! BACK-UP FILES INTO AN EXTENAL SEAGATE DRIVE DID NOT OPEN AFTER REFORMATTING MY LAPTOP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! BACK-UP FILES INTO AN EXTENAL SEAGATE DRIVE DID NOT OPEN AFTER REFORMATTING MY LAPTOP.: I have backed up all my data into an external Seagate drive and have my Acer Aspire 15 Laptop on Windows 10 reformatted. The tech guy told me that I could have Windows 11 so I consented. After this, I was able to restore all the files that I had saved on my desktop. But I was...
  9. HELP! BACK-UP FILES INTO AN EXTENAL SEAGATE DRIVE DID NOT OPEN AFTER REFORMATTING MY LAPTOP.

HELP! BACK-UP FILES INTO AN EXTENAL SEAGATE DRIVE DID NOT OPEN AFTER REFORMATTING MY LAPTOP.: I have backed up all my data into an external Seagate drive and have my Acer Aspire 15 Laptop on Windows 10 reformatted. The tech guy told me that I could have Windows 11 so I consented. After this, I was able to restore all the files that I had saved on my desktop. But I was...
  10. How do I reformat my windows 10 laptop?

How do I reformat my windows 10 laptop?: Please provide an easy way on how to reformat laptop. Im not that good in computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reformat-my-windows-10-laptop/7a894ea2-f1cd-4810-8852-69512d20c198