Windows 10: Reformat or reset.

Discus and support Reformat or reset. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop XPS17 with Windows10 installed. I cannot remove the flickering of notification action windows on my screen Sometimes it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TinoDolores, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Reformat or reset.

I have a Dell laptop XPS17 with Windows10 installed. I cannot remove the flickering of notification action windows on my screen Sometimes it just hover around and it really disrupt what I am doing even just navigating internet browse.

I have reset it multiple times and still linger. now my option is totally reformat and start from scratch. Any recommendations?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Tino

:)

TinoDolores, Jul 10, 2018

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Jul 10, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Reformat or reset.

New CPU + New Mobo = Reformat?

I would reformat. If you don't want to do it, I would suggest cleaning out all of your old drivers. Since reformatting seems to take less time than doing all of that, I never bothered.

erocker, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Reformat or reset.

1. Reformat or reset. - Similar Threads - Reformat reset

2. Does Hard clean reformat will solve my problem? I cant factory reset since its asking for...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does Hard clean reformat will solve my problem? I cant factory reset since its asking for...: I cant factory reset my laptop since its asking for my old microsoft account which I forgot the password of it. Does hard clean reformating will solve my problem in order for me to use my laptop again? Its alienware by the way. Please helpRegards, Joyboy...
  3. Does Hard clean reformat will solve my problem? I cant factory reset since its asking for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Hard clean reformat will solve my problem? I cant factory reset since its asking for...: I cant factory reset my laptop since its asking for my old microsoft account which I forgot the password of it. Does hard clean reformating will solve my problem in order for me to use my laptop again? Its alienware by the way. Please helpRegards, Joyboy...
  4. Does Hard clean reformat will solve my problem? I cant factory reset since its asking for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am trying to reformat/reset my PC to remove any possible malware/hardware and need some help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am trying to reformat/reset my PC to remove any possible malware/hardware and need some help: I want to do a full reset/reformat of my ssd, and two hdds to remove any chance of viruses or malware. I plan to use these drives immediately after and reinstall windows 10. Should I just use the Reset this PC function, or should I format the drives first? submitted by...
  6. How to reset/reformat away from insider build.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset/reformat away from insider build.: I've tried several ways of reformatting and resetting the pc. It always installs insider 20175 regardless if I download from cloud or use copy on disk. Any advice would be appreciated on how to reformat without installing insider. Thank You. submitted by...
  7. Windows 10 System Errors - Can't reset, reformat, SFC scan...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System Errors - Can't reset, reformat, SFC scan...: Hi All, Hoping someone here can help me with this. My Windows 10 laptop is a disaster. A little background, it was reset and/or reformatted about a year ago in a divorce. He was using it as a secondary workstation and reformatted it ? reset? fresh install? no idea when I...
  8. Power Losd during laptop reset/reformat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power Losd during laptop reset/reformat: Hi, im using asus eee pc laptop. im trying to reset my laptop when in mid way it got interrupted due to power loss. i managed to finish the resetting at 100%, then in the next process i do not know what that was. i accidentally pulled the adapter. this screen keeps on...
  9. I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t seem too Reformat my Pc (reset): I have recently tried reformating my pc as some games have started to not work, ive tried re-installing them and it hasnt worked. while reformating it got stuck at 33% of the way, for about 2 and a half hours. So i looked up how to get off 33% and the issues that come with...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me reset or reformat my computer. Major issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't let me reset or reformat my computer. Major issues.: So today at around 4 pm, my wifi stopped working and the network drive seemed to have just disappeared and couldn't catch any networks. I restarted my laptop and then it all began. I was first meet with the bsod for windows 10. I was stuck in a loop, restarting back to the...