Windows 10: Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

Discus and support Reformat Surface Book to factory settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ddfdesign, Dec 29, 2020.

1. ddfdesign Win User

Reformat Surface Book to factory settings

Hi, my surface is not working that well and the camera stopped working. I have tried several ways to get it sorted - even did a restore but still no camera.

My next step is to do a full reformat to factory settings. My question is - will this install Windows 10 again or do I need to back up my operating system?

Thank you,

Deborah

:)

ddfdesign, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Reformat Surface Book to factory settings - Similar Threads - Reformat Surface Book

2. Reformatting a Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformatting a Surface Pro 4: Taking a last ditch hope here, but can't find a solution after months of trying - so here is hoping. My surface pro 4 stopped reading keyboards and was generally acting poorly, so finally tried a full reset. Of course in doing so, the user profile service stopped allowing me...
  3. Reformatting a Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reformatting a Surface Pro 4: Taking a last ditch hope here, but can't find a solution after months of trying - so here is hoping. My surface pro 4 stopped reading keyboards and was generally acting poorly, so finally tried a full reset. Of course in doing so, the user profile service stopped allowing me...
  4. Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro - Reset to Factory Settings: Hi, Since I no longer use my surface Pro for my business, I want to reset the device and start from scratch. I'm not nervous about doing this and understand it might take a while for the system to update the latest patches, but I can live with that. I am twitchy about...
  5. Surface Book

Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  6. Power settings for my surface book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power settings for my surface book 2: I was recently using my surface book 2 and for two days now my power settings and performance overall has decreased drastically and when I try to change power plans I can't as well. this is the image of my registry and I cant find csenabled to change for my power plans...
  7. What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best method & drivers to reformat a Surface Book 2 w GTX1060 and reinstall...: I own a 15" SB2 with 16gb ram and a GTX1060. I just finished backing everything up, and am at a point where I feel ready to reformat. My GPU has not been functioning properly, and my overall system performance is extremely sluggish compared to when I got the SB2 new. What...
  8. Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Performing a factory reset on a fixed Surface Book: Hi, I've purchased a surface book with hardware issues. After fixing the issues I'm trying to perform a factory reset however it is requesting the recovery key. I do not own the original packaging so I don't have the windows key. Is there way to perform a factory reset...
  9. Surface Factory Settings

Surface Factory Settings: How can I reset my surface to factory settings without logging into windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-factory-settings/d1c15621-7ea8-4823-82c5-9417b57bb2be
  10. Surface Book

Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....