Windows 10: Reformat Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Reformat Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC is running very, very sluggishly. Updating all drivers to the latest versions and cleaning the PC up has not helped. I'm drawn to starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sporeman001, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Reformat Windows 10 PC

My PC is running very, very sluggishly. Updating all drivers to the latest versions and cleaning the PC up has not helped. I'm drawn to starting afresh by reformatting the hard disk and reinstalling Windows 10. I will do all necessary backups before hand but need help with the following questions:

1. Other than backing up my important data, are there anything else I need to do or consider before hand?

2. What do I need? and what's the latest procedure to reformat and reinstall?

3. Where can I get a copy of Windows 10 to reinstall, without having to pay for a new copy?

3. How do I retain my existing licence for all the MS Office applications I have right now?

My PC is a:

DELL Precision T7500 (2010)

RAM 4Gb

Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5506@2.13GHz

System OSTType64BitX64

Edition Windows 10 Professional

Version 1803

Thank you for any assistance.

:)

sporeman001, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Oct 24, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Reformat Windows 10 PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Reformat Windows 10 PC

1. Reformat Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Reformat

2. Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.: Earlier today, completely randomly and when not in use this problem has started out of nowhere where the computer is auto-scrolling down all the time.At first, I assumed my mouse was just glitching, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... no change.Then I thought maybe it...
  3. Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.: Earlier today, completely randomly and when not in use this problem has started out of nowhere where the computer is auto-scrolling down all the time.At first, I assumed my mouse was just glitching, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... no change.Then I thought maybe it...
  4. Mouse wheel scrolling... EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. And even after reformat/reinstall.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my laptop lag? even after reformat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my laptop lag? even after reformat: Laptop : Lenovo Thinkpad E590Specs : Intel Core i7 8th gen Radeon RX 550X Graphics 1Tb Storage 8gb Ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-lag-even-after-reformat/c130a092-03d5-415b-93a5-6b92a2acd762
  6. Why does my laptop lag? even after reformat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop lag? even after reformat: Laptop : Lenovo Thinkpad E590Specs : Intel Core i7 8th gen Radeon RX 550X Graphics 1Tb Storage 8gb Ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-lag-even-after-reformat/c130a092-03d5-415b-93a5-6b92a2acd762
  7. Why does my laptop lag? even after reformat

8. Seagate external HDD corrupted and after I reformatted it I can't download any games on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate external HDD corrupted and after I reformatted it I can't download any games on it.: I am not very good with technology but I bought an External HDD about a year ago and downloaded BlueStacks to play a game I had on my computer. After I downloaded B.S I tried playing it but it didn't work so I uninstalled it. The next morning I opened my computer and was...
  9. Seagate external HDD corrupted and after I reformatted it I can't download any games on it.

Seagate external HDD corrupted and after I reformatted it I can't download any games on it.: I am not very good with technology but I bought an External HDD about a year ago and downloaded BlueStacks to play a game I had on my computer. After I downloaded B.S I tried playing it but it didn't work so I uninstalled it. The next morning I opened my computer and was...
  10. Seagate external HDD corrupted and after I reformatted it I can't download any games on it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware