Windows 10: Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc

Discus and support Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi thereI have a Sony Vaio that I want to be able to give to one of the recycling computer charities but I first want to wipe the contents. I no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Loobus, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Loobus Win User

Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc

Hi thereI have a Sony Vaio that I want to be able to give to one of the recycling computer charities but I first want to wipe the contents. I no longer have the Windows 7 disc, but I have the product key as it is on the sticker on the back was pre-installed.How do I remove all my personal data and reset to a 'vanilla' Windows 7 in order to recycle the product.ThanksLucy

:)

Loobus, Nov 7, 2021

2. Reformatting with Windows 7 RC 64bit error

I'm getting an error when Im trying to reformat my pc with windows 7. I burned the windows 7 iso or the whole file rather onto a dvd and started reformatting everything goes well and...pretty slow untill I get an error message saying error 0x80070017 and was unable to finish installing can anyone help me out here?

-1nf1n1ty-, Nov 7, 2021
  3. Windows 7 Upgrade issue

EDIT: When you put in the disc, look for the custom tab, and allow the Windows 7 disc to reformat the drive, then do the install.

sneekypeet, Nov 7, 2021
  4. Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc

1. Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc - Similar Threads - Reformat without disc

2. Reset Windows 7 to factory without installation disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 7 to factory without installation disc?: I am trying to reset a personal computer with Windows 7 to factory so that I can completely wipe the computer and sell it. However, I can’t complete the factory reset because I don’t have a windows installation disc. Thoughts?...
  3. Reset Windows 7 to factory without installation disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows 7 to factory without installation disc?: I am trying to reset a personal computer with Windows 7 to factory so that I can completely wipe the computer and sell it. However, I can’t complete the factory reset because I don’t have a windows installation disc. Thoughts?...
  4. Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and am contemplating reformatting my machine. Do I just download the Windows 10 Pro image and create a USB installer and use my Windows 7 key? Or do I have to reinstall Windows 7 then update again to Windows 10?...
  5. Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and am contemplating reformatting my machine. Do I just download the Windows 10 Pro image and create a USB installer and use my Windows 7 key? Or do I have to reinstall Windows 7 then update again to Windows 10?...
  6. Reformatting - Windows 7 to Windows 10

7. Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc

Reformat Windows 7 PC without the Windows 7 disc: Hi thereI have a Sony Vaio that I want to be able to give to one of the recycling computer charities but I first want to wipe the contents. I no longer have the Windows 7 disc, but I have the product key as it is on the sticker on the back was pre-installed.How do I remove...
  8. Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 reformatted with a new Windows 10 update. Can I still downgrade without the...: Hello! I recently had a windows 7 software 4 months ago until my computer was reformatted with a windows 10 update. I noticed that my games were laggy from 240 fps max to 60 fps stable. This has caused to wonder about downgrading to windows 7. Although, I tried to look for...
  9. Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10: I have a 750 GB external hard drive with many files on it which has worked fine on windows 7. I am currently on a computer which runs windows 10 and requests formatting for it to open files, with a warning that if I format all data could be lost. Thanks for your assitance...
  10. Windows 7 update disc key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 update disc key: If I've understood correctly, I'll need to use the key from my Windows 7 installation disc to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on my PC. My Windows 7 disc is the 'update' version. Will the key from my Windows 7 update disc work when performing a Windows 10 clean install?...