Windows 10: reformat

Discus and support reformat in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to completely reformat a HP laptop. I want all the preloaded programs removed and have a fresh win 10 only with compatible drivers. how can I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimReder1, May 19, 2020.

1. JimReder1 Win User

reformat

I want to completely reformat a HP laptop. I want all the preloaded programs removed and have a fresh win 10 only with compatible drivers. how can I do this?

:)

JimReder1, May 19, 2020

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, May 19, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, May 19, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

reformat

New CPU + New Mobo = Reformat?

I would reformat. If you don't want to do it, I would suggest cleaning out all of your old drivers. Since reformatting seems to take less time than doing all of that, I never bothered.

erocker, May 19, 2020
Thema:

reformat

1. reformat - Similar Threads - reformat

2. If I reformat my Windows, do I need the key when it first start again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I reformat my Windows, do I need the key when it first start again?: I'm looking to reformat my Windows because I'm gonna change my CPU (Intel SB -> AMD Mantissa) and also because there is wayyy too much junks that I have accumulated over the years that I don't know what's inside it anymore.. I'm looking at this:...
  3. Windows 10 reformat and activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reformat and activation: So i decided to make a recovery drive and reformat a pc that was given to me. I wasn't able to login my windows account on the pc before i started the reformatting. When booting up from usb i kept getting the error "There was a problem resetting the PC. No changes were...
  4. Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10: I'm being told to reformat my external hard drive to be compatible with windows 10....how do I do it without losing my files on the external hard drive...
  5. Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me full reformat PC/reinstall Windows 10 w/o Bloatware + extra background...: Disclaimer: (Xposted) There are so many posts on this topic recommending different ways and from different years, that it's quite overwhelming. I was hoping to get a more definitive answer(s), today in 2020, for someone who is decently computer savvy, but yet doesn't really...
  6. My entire slave drive is read-only after reformatting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My entire slave drive is read-only after reformatting Windows 10: Just fully reformatted my SSD for a completely fresh installation of Windows 10. I unplugged the slave drive before the reformat just so Windows did not write any boot files to my D drive, I've had broken installations like that in the past. After installing drivers and...
  7. Prevent Outlook from reformatting contact telephone numbers

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Prevent Outlook from reformatting contact telephone numbers: Currently, Outlook (Office 2019) reformats contact telephone numbers that I enter as xxx xxx xxxx to (xxx) xxx-xxxx In an earlier version of Outlook, I was able to prevent the reformatting, and numbers entered previously retain their un-reformatted form. However I can't...
  8. Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question: Reformatting a DVD+R, 4.7 GB Disc - Question I was attempting to delete all files on a DVD disc that holds 4.7 GB. I did a reformat and the disc now shows 0 files. I then checked the Properties for the disc and it still shows most of my disc full. See screenshot #35. I then...
  9. Windows Media Creation Tool Reformatted my External SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Creation Tool Reformatted my External SSD: Using the Windows Media Creation Tool reformatted my entire drive. I created a healthy partition to create a bootable drive, whilst the installation warned me that it would format the partition, I was fine with that. After hoping out the shower I got to my computer to see...
  10. After reformat & fresh Windows 10 installation, Windows Update breaks logging into websites...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After reformat & fresh Windows 10 installation, Windows Update breaks logging into websites...: Hello After a ton of trial and error and seeing the same issues dating back to 2015 on the internets, whilst also trying everything on forums to fix the problem, nothing works but a fresh install and pausing Windows Update to prevent automatic update installation... So...