Windows 10: reformat

Discus and support reformat in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to completely reformat a HP laptop. I want all the preloaded programs removed and have a fresh win 10 only with compatible drivers. how can I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimReder1, May 19, 2020.

1. JimReder1 Win User

reformat

I want to completely reformat a HP laptop. I want all the preloaded programs removed and have a fresh win 10 only with compatible drivers. how can I do this?

:)

JimReder1, May 19, 2020

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, May 19, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, May 19, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

reformat

New CPU + New Mobo = Reformat?

I would reformat. If you don't want to do it, I would suggest cleaning out all of your old drivers. Since reformatting seems to take less time than doing all of that, I never bothered.

erocker, May 19, 2020
Thema:

reformat

1. reformat - Similar Threads - reformat

2. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  3. i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i just reformatted my pc, and now some videos arent centered and as you can see you cant...: what happened here : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-reformatted-my-pc-and-now-some-videos-arent/7b52eed0-45fd-46b1-98c9-e6ab8f61bfb7
  4. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  5. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  6. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...: I had a pair of 2TB HDDs that were a Storage Space pool. Recently, I replaced those two HDDs with a single 4TB SSD, removing them from my computer. My original plan was to reformat them and use them as external storage. I did not know that it would be important to remove them...
  8. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...: I had a pair of 2TB HDDs that were a Storage Space pool. Recently, I replaced those two HDDs with a single 4TB SSD, removing them from my computer. My original plan was to reformat them and use them as external storage. I did not know that it would be important to remove them...
  9. Reformatting and reusing an HDD that was part of a Microsoft Storage Space that has been...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reformat old drive after moving OS to new one without loss of new one: Hello,I have transfered my Windows 10 OS from an HDD to SSD. Probably worth mentioning that I used minitool shadowmaker backup and recovery to do this. The system works just fine when I unplug the old drive, system boots from new SSD. Issue is when I insert old HDD, then it...