Windows 10: Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds

Discus and support Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 1TB Seagate USB external hard drive I'm trying tor reformat to exFat file system to use data storage on a Chromebook. The disk worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RussellRein, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds

I have a 1TB Seagate USB external hard drive I'm trying tor reformat to exFat file system to use data storage on a Chromebook. The disk worked perfectly for more than five years using NTSF file system before I tried to reformat it. It was in formatting stage for for about six hours before I got a window that said formatting failed. It suggested I double check to ensure all cables are connected and that it is not in "Read Only" mode. I did both and found no problem. I tried formatting again and after a few minutes got the same window. When I look in disk management, it shows the file format as RAW and says the drive is healthy. I've searched the Web, etc. Saw no answer. The disk is not making any unusual noises. HOW DO I GET THIS THING TO REFORMAT? Or is its only use as a door stop? Thanks.

:)

RussellRein, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Bob 1942 Win User

seagate external drive

I have a Freeagent Goflex 1TB external drive by Seagate, windows 10, and an ACER all-in-one PC with a 1TB hard drive. What do I need to do to get Win10 to see the external drive? I use it for backup and the backup part of the control panel says the Seagate
    is disconnected.

Bob 1942, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds

External hard drive not recognized

I bought a 1TB external Seagate hard drive and it was formatted to my 360 by mistake, How can I reformate it to my computer?

NathanByrum, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds

1. Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds - Similar Threads - Reformating Seagate 1TB

2. Seagate 1tb really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate 1tb really slow: I bought a new seagate 1tb external hard drive for my pc and i average around 55-60mb/ps when i download directly to the computer but when i do it to the seagate it averages around 10mb/ps, does anyone have any solutions to this issue?...
  3. Seagate 1tb really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate 1tb really slow: I bought a new seagate 1tb external hard drive for my pc and i average around 55-60mb/ps when i download directly to the computer but when i do it to the seagate it averages around 10mb/ps, does anyone have any solutions to this issue?...
  4. Seagate 1tb really slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker not recognizing Seagate external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker not recognizing Seagate external USB hard drive: I am having no luck in trying to figure out why the Microsoft Windows Bitlocker Drive Encryption app will not recognize a new Seagate external USB hard drive. I have other external drives Toshiba, HP and have had no problems with them. When I bring up the Bitlocker control...
  6. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  7. Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive

Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive: I have an Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive that I cannot get to connect to my new computer. What do I need to do to get it to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/iomega-1tb-external-hard-drive/5860dd62-9401-40e1-9671-23a6f9939118
  8. External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP

External 1TB hard drive(Iomega - seagate inside) RAW drive - HELP: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and post that It was working fine without any issues. I have two external drive connected to it. 1. 1 TB Iomega powered drive. - now RAW 2. 2TB seagate external drive. The 1tb drive suddenly became RAW and I wasn't able to access it....
  9. Lost access to Seagate external usb drive

Lost access to Seagate external usb drive: Went through my worst week ever with Windows since I built my 1st PC in the Win 3.11 days. For a week almost I was restoring and re-restoring various Win 10 Acronis tibs because my system kept locking up with the little circle spinning at start up or shut down...pretty much...
  10. Seagate External Drive Not Waking

Seagate External Drive Not Waking: I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the backup is not successful....