Windows 10: reformatted my pc but now it won't open programs which I close unless I restart my computer.

Discus and support reformatted my pc but now it won't open programs which I close unless I restart my computer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently reformatted my PC and it made a nice speed difference on my computer but now after a while my computers on; things like chrome or discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoustachedVillain, Jun 18, 2020.

1. reformatted my pc but now it won't open programs which I close unless I restart my computer.

So I recently reformatted my PC and it made a nice speed difference on my computer but now after a while my computers on; things like chrome or discord will freeze up and I'll have to close them and even when I try to re-open them; they never come back. I even end them with task manager and find all the instances of them in my processes and end task. I try to re-open them and I'll see them pop back up in my processes but they'll never open. Help will be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/MoustachedVillain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MoustachedVillain, Jun 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Jun 18, 2020
  4. reformatted my pc but now it won't open programs which I close unless I restart my computer.

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

reformatted my pc but now it won't open programs which I close unless I restart my computer.

1. reformatted my pc but now it won't open programs which I close unless I restart my computer. - Similar Threads - reformatted won't open

2. Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?: I have recently been having problems with my pc not opening anything and freezing after I close any Games. I am not sure what is causing it but i recently had an AIO fail on me and my PC was at 105 Celsius for an unknown amount of time but so far it starts up and runs fine...
  3. Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?: I have recently been having problems with my pc not opening anything and freezing after I close any Games. I am not sure what is causing it but i recently had an AIO fail on me and my PC was at 105 Celsius for an unknown amount of time but so far it starts up and runs fine...
  4. Why won't my computer open any programs after i close a game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  6. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  7. My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.: This is happening on a new computer, every time I plug in headphones, sound completely stops, even if I unplug the headset. The headphones don't show up in output settings and switching the output device fixes the sound for a few seconds. Nothing shows up on the...
  8. My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.

My computer won't recognize my headphones plugged in and sound is broken unless I restart.: This is happening on a new computer, every time I plug in headphones, sound completely stops, even if I unplug the headset. The headphones don't show up in output settings and switching the output device fixes the sound for a few seconds. Nothing shows up on the...
  9. A game won't open until I restart my pc.

A game won't open until I restart my pc.: It doesn't happen to all of my games, only with one actually. I click on the game and the only thing it does is showing the loading circle but it goes away a second later and nothing else. It then opens when I restart my pc. It happened to another game a while ago but it's...
  10. Programs will not open unless force restarting PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs will not open unless force restarting PC: Every morning when I start my PC, no programs will open unless I force restart (it won't restart on it's own, even after clicking it). It only has the spinning circle like it's loading, but doesn't even show in task manager. Browsers will open, but any program will not. But...