Windows 10: Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to reformat my laptop it is a Windows xp but upgraded free to windows 10 ..will I be able to use my xp key code then upgrade to windows 10 free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cylus1234567, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10

I want to reformat my laptop it is a Windows xp but upgraded free to windows 10 ..will I be able to use my xp key code then upgrade to windows 10 free again

:)

cylus1234567, Sep 14, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

Thema:

Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10

1. Reformatting xp and upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reformatting upgrade

2. I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago and need to reformat. Can I do this without buying...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago and need to reformat. Can I do this without buying...: Please message or comment to help me. submitted by /u/tadhgcarden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugdp7m/i_upgraded_to_windows_10_years_ago_and_need_to/
  3. Reinstall Win 10 upgrade after HD reformat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10 upgrade after HD reformat: The original OS on my PC was Win 7 Pro. I upgraded to Win 10-Pro a while ago with the free upgrade path. I was having trouble with the PC running very slowly and was told by the manufacturer that it was probably because the HD was dying. I don't think it is, but to give the...
  4. Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformat upgraded win10 laptop: Good day! I have a laptop that started with Windows 8. Then I upgraded to 8.1 then to 10 after the update was offered. However, I hate the bloatware included with the laptop for it takes quite some time for the laptop to be fully functional (normal Asus bloatware + VPN +...
  5. Win10 free upgrade after reformatting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 free upgrade after reformatting: EDIT: For future reference, when resetting (reformat) your windows 10 PC, you won't need to reinstall your OS. I'm not sure if its the same thing for when you completely wipe your PC though. [How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC] We've only bought the Win8 disk and got the Win...
  6. Can I reformat using Win7 cd after upgrade if I want; Multiple times.

Can I reformat using Win7 cd after upgrade if I want; Multiple times.: I was going to try the upgrade. But am really not sure if I should. I run a simulator with many many peripherals connected to it. So if things don't work. Or I just want to reformat my disk in the case of detecting spyware or similar problems. Can I totally re-format using...
  7. Reformatting upgraded Windows 10 Pro

Reformatting upgraded Windows 10 Pro: If I were to reformat a Windows 10 Pro, which is upgraded from a Windows 10 Home (provided by manufacturer) through Windows Store, will it return back to Windows 10 Home? Or will it stay on Windows 10 Pro? 50687
  8. If I upgrade now, can I reformat and update later for free?

If I upgrade now, can I reformat and update later for free?: If I upgrade my desktop computer now from 8.1 to 10, and in a year or so have to reformat my HDD, what will I have to do to reinstall 10? Will I have to install 8.1 and then pay to upgrade to 10? Will I be able to reformat and then reinstall 10 for free? 25231
  9. I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?: Hello, I received the free win 10 upgrade from an invitation to reserve the upgrade. The other day, a Ransomware hit me, and though I believe I may have immediately tracked & deleted all affected files I could find, I hardly believe I could be so skilled as to be...
  10. Reformatting a PC that is running a free upgrade Windows 10 Pro

Reformatting a PC that is running a free upgrade Windows 10 Pro: I upgraded to Win 10 about a year ago on Microsoft's free upgrade program. I get the impression that my PC is now full of all sorts of unwanted crud - it has slowed to a crawl, and no amount of scans, cleaners, etc seem to help. I want to completely scrub the drives (I have...