Windows 10: Refresh Rate

Discus and support Refresh Rate in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all, Using the three monitor configuration with my WFH surface unit. My computer supports a higher refresh rate than it displays. Do I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SitiXSyaira, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Refresh Rate

Hey all,

Using the three monitor configuration with my WFH surface unit. My computer supports a higher refresh rate than it displays. Do I need to change some particular settings? I have tried all possible settings so far.

:)

SitiXSyaira, Jan 18, 2021

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Variable Refresh Rate

Hello William, *Smile

Does your PC meet the requirements below for Variable Refresh Rate?

You won’t see the slider unless your system has all of the following. If any of these are missing, you will not see the toggle and the feature will not be enabled for you.
    • Windows 10 version 1903 or later
    • A G-SYNC or Adaptive-Sync capable monitor
    • A GPU with WDDM 2.6 or above drivers, that supports G-SYNC / Adaptive-Sync and this new OS feature
    *Arrow Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 18, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Refresh Rate

Refresh rate override bugs

i suggest not to use the refresh rate fix of atitool at the moment .. try other tools. it will be removed in the next version

W1zzard, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Refresh Rate

1. Refresh Rate - Similar Threads - Refresh Rate

2. Problem with my refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with my refresh rate: I tried to open dying light to play it a little and my laptop force restarted,and when i got back into desktop i saw that my laptop was lagging a lot so i tried to look at the refresh rate and the only option i have is 64hz,and all games run like **** now and i don't know...
  3. Problem with my refresh rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with my refresh rate: I tried to open dying light to play it a little and my laptop force restarted,and when i got back into desktop i saw that my laptop was lagging a lot so i tried to look at the refresh rate and the only option i have is 64hz,and all games run like **** now and i don't know...
  4. my monitor wont go over 120 refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitor wont go over 120 refresh rate: My monitor has 165Hz and when i plugged another monitor in, the first monitor sont go above 120 refresh rate, i checked the display settings it doesnt even show the 165 option...
  5. my monitor wont go over 120 refresh rate

my monitor wont go over 120 refresh rate: My monitor has 165Hz and when i plugged another monitor in, the first monitor sont go above 120 refresh rate, i checked the display settings it doesnt even show the 165 option...
  6. My laptop missing Dynamic refresh rate after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop missing Dynamic refresh rate after new update: Hello im seth, my laptop got a problem about missing Dynamic refresh rate after update this day, the model i using is ROG strix G17 G713RM and is use wddm 3.1 driver , please help Dynamic refresh rate help me alot , Because it make my eye look smoothly on screen and save...
  7. My laptop missing Dynamic refresh rate after new update

My laptop missing Dynamic refresh rate after new update: Hello im seth, my laptop got a problem about missing Dynamic refresh rate after update this day, the model i using is ROG strix G17 G713RM and is use wddm 3.1 driver , please help Dynamic refresh rate help me alot , Because it make my eye look smoothly on screen and save...
  8. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  9. Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue

Asus laptop monitor Black out after connecting to power supply - Refresh Rate issue: Hello everyone,I have a Asus ROG Strix G513 2022 AMD R7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050It has an issue on auto change of refresh rate whenever i plug the laptop with a power adapter. The laptop monitor screen will become black out, and I somehow cannot disable the function of...
  10. Refresh rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh rate issue: Hello.I recently purchased a Samsung Q60C tv. this is a 60hz screen. I hooked it up to my pc like my last tv second screen. But im not able to get better fps than 30.When the PC is disconnected, i can put the game mode on on the tv and it goes to 50 automatically, when i plug...