Windows 10: Refresh Rates Not Showing

Discus and support Refresh Rates Not Showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just built my first pc, and long with that i purshased a 144hz monitor. However, when i go to change the refresh rate to 144hz in settings, only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattisLieberman, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Refresh Rates Not Showing

I have just built my first pc, and long with that i purshased a 144hz monitor. However, when i go to change the refresh rate to 144hz in settings, only 60 and 75hz come up. can anyone help?

:)

MattisLieberman, Jan 24, 2021

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Variable Refresh Rate

Hello William, *Smile

Does your PC meet the requirements below for Variable Refresh Rate?

You won’t see the slider unless your system has all of the following. If any of these are missing, you will not see the toggle and the feature will not be enabled for you.
    • Windows 10 version 1903 or later
    • A G-SYNC or Adaptive-Sync capable monitor
    • A GPU with WDDM 2.6 or above drivers, that supports G-SYNC / Adaptive-Sync and this new OS feature
    *Arrow Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 24, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Refresh Rates Not Showing

Refresh rate override bugs

i suggest not to use the refresh rate fix of atitool at the moment .. try other tools. it will be removed in the next version

W1zzard, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Refresh Rates Not Showing

1. Refresh Rates Not Showing - Similar Threads - Refresh Rates Showing

2. Higher refresh rates are not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Higher refresh rates are not showing up.: When I opened nvidia control panel, I saw that my refresh rate was set to 60 when I have an 80hz monitor. I do not know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/higher-refresh-rates-are-not-showing-up/0ee9460f-c03b-4afa-8468-a203281f1686
  3. Higher refresh rates are not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Higher refresh rates are not showing up.: When I opened nvidia control panel, I saw that my refresh rate was set to 60 when I have an 80hz monitor. I do not know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/higher-refresh-rates-are-not-showing-up/0ee9460f-c03b-4afa-8468-a203281f1686
  4. Lower refresh rates not showing up

Lower refresh rates not showing up: I need to change the refresh rate to a lower one in this case 60hz but I went to the refresh rate setting just to find out it only shows up as 120hz and I can't change it to a lower refresh rate? Anyone got any possible solutions?Laptop GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop...
  5. Lower refresh rates not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower refresh rates not showing up: I need to change the refresh rate to a lower one in this case 60hz but I went to the refresh rate setting just to find out it only shows up as 120hz and I can't change it to a lower refresh rate? Anyone got any possible solutions?Laptop GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop...
  6. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  7. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  8. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Refresh Rates Not Showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refresh Rates Not Showing: I have just built my first pc, and long with that i purshased a 144hz monitor. However, when i go to change the refresh rate to 144hz in settings, only 60 and 75hz come up. can anyone help?...
  10. Refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refresh rate: I always change my refresh rate of monitor to 60hz but everytime i start after shut down or sleep mode it automatically changes to 144hz .Please help. How to permanently change refresh rate to 60hz....