Windows 10: Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs

Discus and support Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Am interested in performing a reinstall, or "refresh" of Win10 Home x64 20H2 from a bootable USB while preserving my installed programs. As I drown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrCarl, Nov 18, 2020.

1. DrCarl Win User

Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs

Am interested in performing a reinstall, or "refresh" of Win10 Home x64 20H2 from a bootable USB while preserving my installed programs.

As I drown in information, some conflicting, I'd love confirmation that if I make a bootable USB with an .ISO file via the Media Creation Tool, will I be presented with the 'save your personal files and applictions' option, or not?

I'll try to have a more complicated question next time.

TIA

:)

DrCarl, Nov 18, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Please run winver and post a screenshot of the results:

Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 18, 2020
  3. zbook Win User

What problems are you having with Windows that you want to refresh or reinstall Windows?

If the problem is failure to upgrade there are general and specific troubleshooting steps.

There are multiple methods to reinstall Windows using a bootable windows 10 iso:

These all require the reinstallation of drivers and applications:

a) Windows refresh
    b) clean install
    c) custom install
    d) reset save files
    e) reset remove files

In place upgrade repairs can be performed to fix many windows problems.
    These are the only options to maintain drivers and applications.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options

Refresh Windows 10
    Clean Install Windows 10
    Custom Install Windows 10
    How to Restore Files from Windows.old Folder in Windows 10
    Reset Windows 10

zbook, Nov 18, 2020
  4. DrCarl Win User

Am interested in performing a reinstall, or "refresh" of Win10 Home x64 20H2 from a bootable USB while preserving my installed programs.

As I drown in information, some conflicting, I'd love confirmation that if I make a bootable USB with an .ISO file via the Media Creation Tool, will I be presented with the 'save your personal files and applictions' option, or not?

I'll try to have a more complicated question next time.

TIA

DrCarl, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs - Similar Threads - Refresh reinstall USB

2. how to reinstall win 10 from Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall win 10 from Win 11?: HII don't know why desktop has been updated or upgraded to Win 11?I hate this Win 11:-When I right click, it doesn't show " show deskstop" on the taskbar anymore.ThanksAlex...
  3. how to reinstall win 10 from Win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall win 10 from Win 11?: HII don't know why desktop has been updated or upgraded to Win 11?I hate this Win 11:-When I right click, it doesn't show " show deskstop" on the taskbar anymore.ThanksAlex...
  4. Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh/reinstall Win 10 from USB and keep programs: Am interested in performing a reinstall, or "refresh" of Win10 Home x64 20H2 from a bootable USB while preserving my installed programs. As I drown in information, some conflicting, I'd love confirmation that if I make a bootable USB with an .ISO file via the Media Creation...
  5. MS store keeps refreshing in Win. 10 2004

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store keeps refreshing in Win. 10 2004: hi there: There is an issue. MS store keeps refreshing in Windows 10 2004. I like to know, is it a bug in 2004, or is it my issue? Does the steps in the article work? https://www.techtantri.com/fix-microsoft-store-refresh-loop-windows-10-april-update/...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb: Hi, i have had made progress in trying to get Windows 10 reinstalled on my acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 i tried to reset it but then it got stuck on the acer logo page, and came across this article as it seem the best thing to do the original article came from Dave m i...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB: Hi to all, I’m desperately trying to reinstall Windows from USB on my Surface Laptop 3 but it appears all drivers are deactivated from the very beginning (language to install/time and currency/input screen) That would make sense but even the trackpad is not working. I...
  8. How to Reinstall Windows 10 from USB and Keep Files

How to Reinstall Windows 10 from USB and Keep Files: After failed latest update, can't get pass the black screen. Copied Windows 10 onto USB but during Windows setup 'no device drivers were found...' Where can the correct version of Windows be located. I see my computer in Microsoft (website) but unable to manage....
  9. Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1

Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1: I understand that I can re-install Wins 10 from free upgrade but if I bought a disc of Wins 8.1 how do I install Wins 10 or is it just from web-site and type in my product for Wins 8.1?...
  10. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917