Windows 10: Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

Discus and support Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Don Sutter, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018)

It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even though My Desktop "View" option has "Auto Arrange" unchecked.

DesktopOK saves my butt but the Desktop shouldn't "Auto Arrange" unless I ask it to.

:)

Don Sutter, Aug 15, 2018

2. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

hi ,

i have windows 10 enterprise after 2 day from installed windows , my desktop icon is auto arrange set but in right click option is not set ,

i have problem with this , when i refresh the desktop this is change icon position to auto arrange , please help me ? how can i set dont auto arrange in desktop ?????

Sadegh3333, Aug 15, 2018
  3. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

Everytime I refresh my Desktop the icons Auto Arrange

oh no, it does not work, I think you ddint understand my problem,

I drag & drop an icon to my desire place on desktop then i refresh the desktop and all icons will auto arranges while auto arrange item is not checked!

Vahid Behnami Far, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

1. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons! - Similar Threads - Refreshing Desktop auto

2. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  3. task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops: I have a shared community of computers in a lab where users consistently play with the icons, looking for a way to reset the desktop for the next user?...
  4. task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task scheduler script to auto-arrange icons on lab desktops: I have a shared community of computers in a lab where users consistently play with the icons, looking for a way to reset the desktop for the next user?...
  5. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  6. Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar: I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815 [IMG]...
  7. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  8. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...
  10. Desktop doesn't auto-refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop doesn't auto-refresh: Hello. Since I installed Windows 10 when it was released, every now and then my desktop doesn't refresh to include new items I've added. If I want them to show up, I need to press F5. Now, I've found something about changing a registry key (DontRefresh), but I can't find it,...