Windows 10: Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler

Discus and support Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kritter0021, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler

I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and message I get. It asks me how do I want to open the file (picture below). Also, can I store this file on OneDrive and update in daily by using the Task Scheduler?

Dim oExcel

Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

oExcel.Visible = True

oExcel.DisplayAlerts = False

oExcel.AskToUpdateLinks = False

oExcel.AlertBeforeOverwriting = False

Set oWorkbook = oExcel.Workbooks.Open("L:\Location\Test.xlsx")

oWorkbook.RefreshAll

oWorkbook.Save

oExcel.Quit

Set oWorkbook = Nothing

Set oExcel = Nothing

Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler 5b4ca06e-f2e7-4ec2-b719-136bfb44389b?upload=true.png

***Original title: Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open***

:)

Kritter0021, Mar 19, 2019

2. Running a VB Script File Using Windows 10 Task Scheduler

Please post your current version of the script.

Note also that I'll be off the air for a whole week, starting this coming Sunday evening. With your response cycle of one reply per day, you are unlikely to solve your problem anytime soon. This is aggravated by you consistenly posting insufficient information
    (e.g. repeatedly not posting your script, not posting numbers of problem lines, taking numerous attempts to post the exported xml file etc. etc.). You need to remember that respondents cannot see your screen.

Lastly - you are trying to use the Task Scheduler to launch a script to open an Excel file to launch a macro. This is an extremely ambitious task. It is also not a good way to do things. A script can do everything that a macro can, and more, but more simply.
    Forget about the macro. Here are the steps you should take:

• Get my script going in the foreground.
    • Get it going while scheduled.
    • Write a script that opens an Excel file.
    • Run it in the foreground.
    • Run it in the background.
    • Expand it to manipulate the spreadsheet.
    • Run it in the foreground
    • Run it in the background.

Frederik Long, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you able to run the script manually? If yes, does it do what it is intended to?

Disable the UAC temporarily.

Make sure that the Task scheduler
    service is running.

Press ‘Win+R’.

Type Services.msc.

Locate the service Task scheduler
    and make sure that it is in running state.

Go to the Conditions
    tab in task scheduler and make sure that no such condition is set which could block the task from running.

Enable All Tasks History in Task scheduler and run the scheduled task.

Refresh the task scheduler and check if you find any error message/code for any step in the task run.

Also try with disabling Run whether the user is logged on or not
    option and see if the script runs.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 19, 2019
  4. HokieMan Win User

Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler Error

When I access Task Scheduler, an error appears that says SqmUpload_S-1-5-21......... no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh. However, the same message appears when I click Refresh. I can close the message and it appears the Task Scheduler is OK. A person on the Microsoft boards gave me several steps to follow beginning with booting into Safe Mode. However, I received a message when I accessed Task Scheduler that it doesn't function in Safe Mode.
    I did not feel safe following their additional suggestions at that point as I am not that adept at such endeavors. Has anyone else encountered this error and/or found a simple solution? I feel it is caused by some remnant leftover from Windows 7 during the upgrade but this is pure conjecture on my behalf.

HokieMan, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler

1. Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet

2. Task scheduler is running task, but not activating the VBA code in the spreadsheet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is running task, but not activating the VBA code in the spreadsheet.: I have a VBA code in an excel spreadsheet that is written to save data everyday and create a seperate spreadsheet of said data. The task scheduler is used run this program, at a specific time of my choice. Right now, when I run the task, it opens up excel but the actual code...
  3. Task scheduler is running task, but not activating the VBA code in the spreadsheet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is running task, but not activating the VBA code in the spreadsheet.: I have a VBA code in an excel spreadsheet that is written to save data everyday and create a seperate spreadsheet of said data. The task scheduler is used run this program, at a specific time of my choice. Right now, when I run the task, it opens up excel but the actual code...
  4. Excel 2013 spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2013 spreadsheets: I am having hick-ups in my spreadsheets, ie, copying, pasting, inserting, etc. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013-spreadsheets/40ceb777-1a23-4ff3-a8f4-f7f9ac5b6bb0
  5. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  6. Script and task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script and task Scheduler: Hello I work for a company with a number of powerful graphic computers on which Windows 10 is installed These computers work 24/7 with 2 engine programs that run intermittently 24/7 but not in parallel. I want to know if it is possible to create a script and use it...
  7. How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10: [ATTACH]PowerShell scripts reduce the effort in running repetitive tasks. If you are frequently executing scripts at pre-defined times or specified time intervals, you may want […] This article How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10 first...
  8. Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler Windows 10 - Refreshing an Excel Spreadsheet daily on open: I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and message I get. It asks me how do I want to open the file (picture below). Also, can I store this file on OneDrive and...
  9. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  10. Task Scheduler Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler Script: I want to enable and disable my Ethernet connection at specific times each day. Task Scheduler prompts me for the script identifying the action of enabling or disabling the Ethernet connection. How do I identify these two specific scripts? 75194

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vbs script refresh excel task scheduler

2. task scheduler refresh excel sheet

3. using task scheduler to update excel spreadsheet with CRM data

4. task scheduler refresh an excel file